The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Pascal Pelletier

Unless he plays on the top line this is just another head scratcher... Could have used that money to get someone useful like Jagr...

Well that is a pretty idiotic post. How do you equate an AHL signing with Jagr?

He's better than that, he had 35 points this year. That's pretty good for a guy who's 41. Gillis totally should have gone for this guy instead...

He can if he wants to but we would be letting tanev walk.

This was an AHL signing anyways, it has no bearing on if we can or can't sign jagr.

Perhaps it would not be possible to have both him and Tanev. But I still think jagr is better than this guy and u cant change my mind...

Ball dropped Gillis, ball dropped...

How did he drop the ball? Who would you want a 41 year old Jagr or a Tanev that is still young?

Perhaps it would not be possible to have both him and Tanev. But I still think jagr is better than this guy and u cant change my mind...

I don't know how to break it down any better for you lol.

Jagr is better than that Pascal Pelletier. That is why they play in 2 different leagues.

You're an idiot or a troll. You're pick.

I don't know how to break it down any better for you lol.

Jagr is better than that Pascal Pelletier. That is why they play in 2 different leagues.

I don't want to break it to you if he is sent down to the AHL it has no affect on the cap hence jagr and Pascal Pelletier are irrelevent

Laughing at the convo above. I don't think any combination of the you people talking about Jagr and Pelletier, are actually arguing about the same thing.

Jagr an NHL vet that can help pretty much any team. Canucks do not have the cap space. If we did have the cap space, Pelletier and Jagr would not have an affect on one and other. Pelletier is signed to play strictly in Utica. So signing him does not mean that we chose him over Jagr. Tanev will be retained by Vancouver.. and once again, has nothing to do with signing Pelletier or not signing Jagr.

Ok maybe now I feel included in what y'all are/aren't arguing about.

Peace.

Laughing at the convo above. I don't think any combination of the you people talking about Jagr and Pelletier, are actually arguing about the same thing.

Jagr an NHL vet that can help pretty much any team. Canucks do not have the cap space. If we did have the cap space, Pelletier and Jagr would not have an affect on one and other. Pelletier is signed to play strictly in Utica. So signing him does not mean that we chose him over Jagr. Tanev will be retained by Vancouver.. and once again, has nothing to do with signing Pelletier or not signing Jagr.

Ok maybe now I feel included in what y'all are/aren't arguing about.

Peace.

We do have the space as by the iggy signing. Sign jagr to a 1 year 4m contract with 3m as bonuses (games palyed, points etc) but I would rather wait until other teams figure out their RFAS (st.louis) when teams can't afford to either sign them or keep current players. Gillis can swoop in and snatch an erhoff type trade or sign the rfa that has been let go.

Jagr is slowing down but can still put points up. So it's a gamble, does he slow down too much next season and his points drop in which if gillis did sign him anti-gillis crowd would want his head; or does he maintain his level and the same anti-gillis crowd cries that our other options are doing better for the same price and call for his head.

just want the team in general to play to their potential. Play with heart and soul and not like a team that expects someone else to pick up the slack. No excuses, play to win every night and maybe then this team will become who we think they should be again.

Anyways short little rant. Asking for Gillis' head won't solve anything now, but I believe this year could be his swan song if the team can't pass the first round again. So come what may we will see in a few months.

Here's a poser..Any chance 1 of our NA'n prospects play for a team in Sweden, as that Jensen kid did last year?

Realizing he's technically an EU prospect, but was it just a one-off, or are there other inherent benefits with this option?

I doubt that happens again unless we have a European prospect that has nothing to gain from staying in the CHL, but is not yet eligible to join Utica.

You're an idiot or a troll. You're pick.

You are an idiot or a troll. You are pick.

...??

Dude...

We bought an AHL franchise, so we have to fill it with players.

You will see more of these signings throughout the summer likely.

Don't go all,"Plan the parade,"on us. We don't have enough AHL eligible prospects to fill a whole team roster, so we've gotta sign some guys.

We do have the space as by the iggy signing. Sign jagr to a 1 year 4m contract with 3m as bonuses (games palyed, points etc) but I would rather wait until other teams figure out their RFAS (st.louis) when teams can't afford to either sign them or keep current players. Gillis can swoop in and snatch an erhoff type trade or sign the rfa that has been let go.

People are already remarking on how Luongo's contract has hamstrung this team, so imagine if the cap doesn't rise much next year and we have a $4M performance/signing bonus already counting against us that we've had to carry over.

For that reason I agree about going after an RFA that can't be signed, maybe after arbitration or something, and we'd have better luck there. Still, with very little cap space, I'm not sure we'd be able to make the best offer for any player in demand.

I doubt that happens again unless we have a European prospect that has nothing to gain from staying in the CHL, but is not yet eligible to join Utica.

Well, we also sent Grenier over to play in Europe and he's not European born like Jensen. It's not out of the realm of possibility but with our own farm team now I'd say it's unlikely.

Pelletier certainly isn't a candidate for that but if we have a surplus of players, perhaps we look at it.

fans on CDC are hilarious ... how the hell do you compare an depth signing to a top 6 impact forward like Jagr. Their freaking AHL contracts don't even affect the cap space as long they're down there. it's not even about comparing Tanev and what not but expect to use 5.25M of cap space to re-sign Schroeder, Weise, and Tanev.

every signing we've made, at least 4 of the comments on the first page are like "GREAT UTICA SIGNING"

Hell, these depth forwards aren't at Barker/Ebbett level lol

Expect these guys to be on the starting rosters. It boggles me on how the management expect Richardson to take 3rd line C roles over Schroeder/Santorelli when they're trying to approach this 'young' direction

I still see Either Gaunce or Lain a lock on the 4th line, whether it'd be on the left wing or C

expect 2 rookies to be on this team this year, and personally I'm not a fan of seeing Corrado making the team this year - maybe a Tanev treatment. need a couple more dmen signings.

Archived