The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Was letting Raymond walk a mistake?

мeтpо

I think so.

1: He was the fastest player on the Canucks

2: He was great in the locker room and community

3: I still felt he had untapped potential.

4: He was one of the better goal scorers on the Canucks. When he was on his game, he was unstoppable.

I think he made fair money for what he brought to the team and you could probably sign him right now even cheaper than what he made before... Why is he not being given another chance? Great value player as the Canucks are pretty tight up against the cap. He'll bring more than a lot of the guys getting overpaid in free agency.

I'd like to see Raymond back.

Thoughts?

no. he had run his course, he is WAY to soft and has no balance on his skates due to his skating style. Until he corrects his balance issues (which i doubt he ever will) he wont be an effective player and will always play on the perimeter.

Well they tried to let him walk... then he turned to waive while getting into the cab and fell over. The cab driver leaned down to help and he fell over. He tried to put his suitcase in the cab trunk and missed. Last I checked he was still trying to get to YVR...

Raymond has a good shot. He has good speed and he is a good penalty killer.

That being said, he is a soft, perimeter player that does not play well in the playoffs.

I think it's a good move that the Canucks let him go. He's too expensive for what he brings to the table.

Hard to say. He's still a good third line player even with his (many) faults. I have a feeling he still wants to play a bigger role on a team and I say more power to him. I think that after another year of humbling experiences he may be had for a cheap contract and if he were I'd be all for signing him. Right now though, he doesn't fit the bill for the kind of player that Gillis wants on his team.

In short though, we can find other players to provide the same level of play that he does and likely get them for a cheaper contract. Was it a mistake? Absolutely not.

He was one of my favorite players on the Canucks. But unfortunately, we're very tight against cap space, (5 mil to fill 4 players i think) and resigning him would mean limited room for youth.

Edit: I'd love to see him back if we made room for him.

I think so.

4: He was one of the better goal scorers on the Canucks. When he was on his game, he was unstoppable.

I think he made fair money for what he brought to the team and you could probably sign him right now even cheaper than what he made before... Why is he not being given another chance? Great value player as the Canucks are pretty tight up against the cap. He'll bring more than a lot of the guys getting overpaid in free agency.

Thoughts?

lol untapped potential.

He's gonna turn 28 in September. Players between 18-22 (maybe 24) are considering "having potential", at 28 you should be at your peak. Insated Raymond has declined the last few years.

There is a difference between potential and wishful thinking and you clearly don't know the difference.

He's not good enough to be a top 6 players and doesn't fit as a 3rd line player either.

gotta move on people.

lol untapped potential.

He's gonna turn 28 in September. Players between 18-22 (maybe 24) are considering "having potential", at 28 you should be at your peak. Insated Raymond has declined the last few years.

There is a difference between potential and wishful thinking and you clearly don't know the difference.

He's not good enough to be a top 6 players and doesn't fit as a 3rd line player either.

gotta move on people.

I think so.

Thoughts?

Archived