The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Was letting Raymond walk a mistake?

мeтpо

If you say so.

He carried the attack for the first 20 games when placed in a decent line where the centre passed to him. Then AV got the musical chairs jitters and started using him to bail Kassian and others out.

Everything you have said there is bias and open to challenge

Raymond had a great start to the season, he looked fully recovered and ready to prove himself, he was skating hard, charging the net, making quick, confident passes.....and then he did his usual late season fade where he was barely noticeable most of the time. I've seen enough of that over the years

I do say so.

Out of our current left wingers (Daniel, Booth and Higgins in the top 9) who do you think Raymond would be replacing if he was re-signed? We already have Sestito for the 4th, plus Jensen who can play left side in our prospects and another LW in Burrows playing right side already. Then we have Kassian, Hansen and Weise (when he's re-signed) to fill out the rest of the wing spots plus Richardson and maybe even Santorelli that could move to wing depending on who makes the team. That reminds me Gaunce has played LW for the Bulls so could also be fitting there if not at center as well.

I'd like to hear where you think Raymond should play, and how much he should sign for to keep him from becoming redundant with the aforementioned players.

I think so.

1: He was the fastest player on the Canucks

2: He was great in the locker room and community

3: I still felt he had untapped potential.

4: He was one of the better goal scorers on the Canucks. When he was on his game, he was unstoppable.

I think he made fair money for what he brought to the team and you could probably sign him right now even cheaper than what he made before... Why is he not being given another chance? Great value player as the Canucks are pretty tight up against the cap. He'll bring more than a lot of the guys getting overpaid in free agency.

I'd like to see Raymond back.

Thoughts?

I have nothing against Raymond, but we had one legitimate 2nd line winger in Burrows playing on the first line and four 3rd line wingers (Booth, Hansen, Higgins, and Raymond) filling the 2nd and 3rd lines. Hansen and Higgins are superior 3rd line wingers. We were stuck with Booth. At least one of them had to go.

Archived