The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Was letting Raymond walk a mistake?

мeтpо

I don't know what potential anyone say in Raymond. He was not as fast as you think he was. He was a good skater (when not falling over). but he was NOT fast. Never did you see him blow by a defenceman (burrows played faster on PK rushes than Raymond) or catch up to a breakaway (Like Tambellini in '11). He just skated in circles and was ineffective. I can't believe some of you used 'Raymond' and 'dominate' in the same sentence. He was useless and a progress stopper for some of our younger wingers. So glad he's gone.

The mistake isn't letting Raymond go.

The mistake is signing Higgins to a limited NTC.

I like the guy. I like his work ethic. But he disappears just as much as the Sedin's supposedly do in the playoffs. Combine that with his history of staph infections, I think we should be trying to get younger and healthier.

Raymond is the complete opposite of a player Torts likes to use. He doesn't block shots, he can't hit, he's soft and he's a perimeter player.

I think the rangers should pick him up and AV will put him in the top 6 over better players.

you? who is you? So, holding onto the useless Raymond just to get into the playoffs was a good thing?( knowing he wouldn't be resigned here? ) I disagree and think we might have got a 3rd or something for him. Something is better than nothing.

The new NHL (which is slowly regressing back into the dead puck era) is making players like Raymond redundant..He's only got one dimension ......Who knows...he may flourish in a new environment.

He really is to be admired for coming back off of that awful injury,...Unfortunately,his ship has sailed and he's past his expiry date (along with AV and Lapierre).

Mason Raymond's career high in playoff goals: 3.

He had the worst offensive production on every playoff line he played on, incl. Raymond - Wellwood - Bernier.

He's an OK regular season guy with serious wheels, but he doesn't have playoff ability. Calgary is the perfect place for him.

Raymond's speed stretches out the opposition D, but when the games became more play off style, he seemed to have a hard time finding space in the Canucks system. I think it's good for him to get a fresh start elsewhere while the Canucks look for more grit.

I think so.

1: He was the fastest player on the Canucks

2: He was great in the locker room and community

3: I still felt he had untapped potential.

4: He was one of the better goal scorers on the Canucks. When he was on his game, he was unstoppable.

I think he made fair money for what he brought to the team and you could probably sign him right now even cheaper than what he made before... Why is he not being given another chance? Great value player as the Canucks are pretty tight up against the cap. He'll bring more than a lot of the guys getting overpaid in free agency.

I'd like to see Raymond back.

Thoughts?

So he's top 5 on the canucks scoring in the playoff out of how many? 6?? he is playing top 6 mins.. so you would hope he's top 5 or 6... only problem is he's top 5 out of 5.. we've been having so many players in and out of the top 6 there never was a established top 6 player that played significant amount of time to knock him out of 5th place.. so was half the team?? you mean the bottom 6 is suppose to outscore the so call top 6? if your top 6 can't even out score the bottom 6 nor your defense core.. then you shouldn't even be in the playoff to begin with. Raymond is a fast skater.. but he doesn't utilize his speed to go around players and deke to the net.. instead he skates really really fast into the zone.. behind the net.. back to the blue line.. turns.. and falls.. lose the puck.. end of that play.. rinse and repeat

Archived