The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo Interview: Monday, July 8 - 99.3 FM - 7:30 a.m.

CDeM85

Luongo finally speaks! Just a heads up; Tune in tomorrow morning to 99.3 The Fox at 7:30 a.m.

Hopefully we can get get a feel on whether or not he truly wants to play here next season. Discuss..

I think the choice of doing his first interview speaks volumes about how he want to look to the fans. Could of went on sports shows and made some cash while he announces to the world what his thoughts are.

This is a good sign in bridging any gap there is between Loungo and fans. I couldn't be happier to hear this:)

I'm counting on him to be pretty evasive about the whole situation...they tend to joke around and we won't get much from this I'm sure. He's got a really good rapport with The Fox crew, but it'll be mostly fun and games I think.

I think the choice of doing his first interview speaks volumes about how he want to look to the fans. Could of went on sports shows and made some cash while he announces to the world what his thoughts are.

This is a good sign in bridging any gap there is between Loungo and fans. I couldn't be happier to hear this:)

Get your facts straight. MG made it a huge long contract to lower Luongo cap hit over the years, assuming he'd retire before its up and it'll work out great for the Canucks in terms of cap relief. Totally was common, and if we still had the old CBA it would be fine.

Secondly

Luongo

"I was never approached with a trade to somewhere else and I said no, so uh if that were to happen I would of said yes obviously, but right now uh, you know there was obviously some teams interested, and uh nothing ever materialized to the point where I had to give a decision wheater I was going to waive or not."

/topic/342846-is-there-a-problem-between-managementcoaching-and-players/">http://forum.canucks...ng-and-players/

Congrats on your terrible post.

That would be like Gillis coming on the radio, right after the Schneider trade, and talking about last Tuesday's episode of "America's Got Talent". This is Luongo's first interview since the trade that sent shockwaves through the hockey community and hockey will be the major topic of conversation. How in the world is he going to dance around all the goaltending questions?

I'd take this as a good sign. If he wasn't prepared to talk about the current situation and wasn't prepared to do so in a positive light, he wouldn't be doing this interview.

Archived