The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo Interview: Monday, July 8 - 99.3 FM - 7:30 a.m.

CDeM85

Heard his Fox interviews before. Tripe. Fluff. Nothing to be learned. He won't say jack squat. Will say 'uhhhh' a lot though, as he figures out the right ways to dodge questions. Oh, and the Fox interviewer will ask him at least one perplexingly homoerotic question out of the blue.

Heard his Fox interviews before. Tripe. Fluff. Nothing to be learned. He won't say jack squat. Will say 'uhhhh' a lot though, as he figures out the right ways to dodge questions. Oh, and the Fox interviewer will ask him at least one perplexingly homoerotic question out of the blue.

Are you 5 years old? No need to insult on an online forum.

And I don't believe Luongo for a second there. Sportsnet reported it. Why didn't he waive? Because he thought he was going to Florida eventually. Here is the article.

Sorry to be a downer on this, however I am pretty sure this is to discuss his upcoming poker tournament. In fact, a few sites have reported that Luongo has already told the Fox crew that he will not be discussing hockey. Obviously I could be wrong so I hope to hear from the folks who tune in. I won't be tuning in as I fear it will be strictly poker talk.

Luongo’s silence not a good sign for Canucks

July 5, 2013. 11:24 am • Section: Puckworld, STAFF

Roberto Luongo is heading to Las Vegas this weekend to play in the World Series of Poker Main Event tournament, where he will represent the B.C. Lottery Corp.’s PlayNow.com brand.

Normally, Luongo would do some interviews to help promote PlayNow.com before sitting down to play in the $10,000 buy-in Texas hold ‘em event.

But Luongo is refusing to do live interviews to promote his appearance and for the Vancouver Canucks, that is not a good sign. Clearly, Luongo knows he would be asked hockey questions in any interview and his refusal to talk suggests he still isn’t ready to say he’s okay with coming back to Vancouver to be the Canucks’ No. 1 goalie.

Luongo has even cancelled a scheduled interview with the morning show on 99.3 The Fox, which is a longtime PlayNow.com sponsor.

Instead, BCLC will take “poker” questions on Twitter to Luongo, who will then provide a video-taped reply.

Chances are, any questions along the lines of ‘how do you feel about that Schneider trade to New Jersey’ won’t be answered.

Lu seems to be doing the classy thing, and not speaking to the public until he has had a chance to speak with MG.

MG, on the other hand, should have called him the day of the draft and talked things through. He seemed to have called Schneider as the trade was being announced (not confirmed that was Schneids on the phone, but it must have been).

I expect this interview to avoid the hockey questions, he will say he still needs to talk to MG.

Lu seems to be doing the classy thing, and not speaking to the public until he has had a chance to speak with MG.

MG, on the other hand, should have called him the day of the draft and talked things through. He seemed to have called Schneider as the trade was being announced (not confirmed that was Schneids on the phone, but it must have been).

I expect this interview to avoid the hockey questions, he will say he still needs to talk to MG.

It's still hard to believe what a disaster this situation has become.

From Aquilini to Gillis to Luongo to his agent. They all have fault in this mammoth gong show. I hope they can all become miracle workers and find a solution to this nightmare.

Archived