The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo Interview: Monday, July 8 - 99.3 FM - 7:30 a.m.

CDeM85

Your thread title is misleading - you are optimistic, but you're jumping to some conclusions that were not stated in that interview.

He didn't indicate that he is glad AV left.

Luongo also said there are a few things he has not yet gotten past.

Having a couple interviewers try to lead him by saying "see you in Vancouver" means literally nothing - he's already in Vancouver - to play poker - that isn't a confirmation he wants to play for the Canucks.

Yes, Bobby Lu is alive and well and talked for just less than a minute regarding Torts and the Canucks at the World Series of Poker in Las Vegas. That's enough time for us fans to speculate on a lot of things. Take it for what it's worth:

http://www.sportsnet...torella-hiring/

http://blogs.theprov...t-in-las-vegas/

...speculate that he's happy AV's gone as he says he "couldn't have thought of a better trade", regarding the Torts and AV coaching swap, indirectly saying so. Also reporter asks at the end if we'll see Lu in Vancouver anytime soon which he says "yeah" too. Guess he's coming home; we can all breathe now folks, Luie isn't going anywhere :)

The Canucks traded the right guy; a 27 year old backup who had his tired pumped all along in order to maximize a trade. A 9th overall in a deep draft for a backup is seldom seen.

Back to plan A; go with Vancouver's number one goaltender, signed to a lifetime contract. Let us be proud we still have this player to cheer for.

To me, Luongo, and the Canucks are finally and essentially putting an end to the goalie graveyard with this situation resolved. Now it's time for the fans and media to join in and enjoy the show.

You will not be disappointed.

You're deluded.

If you think:

A) Schneider is a backup

and

B) the Canucks 'pumped' his tires to raise his trade value - you are one of those people who can see anything he wants in a context because he simply inscribes his ego over top of it.

This wasn't the Hodgson drama.

Telling us we won't be disappointed is pretentious.

You're deluded.

If you think:

A) Schneider is a backup

and

B) the Canucks 'pumped' his tires to raise his trade value - you are one of those people who can see anything he wants in a context because he simply inscribes his ego over top of it.

This wasn't the Hodgson drama.

Telling us we won't be disappointed is pretentious.

A: Schnieder is a backup - he is backing up Martin Brodeur this season.

Schneider has lost 4 out of 5 play off games - he started more games than Luongo this past season - so yeah, I'd say we must have pumped his tires to be able to get a high draft pick.

Get over it.

You're in the deluded club I see.

Schneider started more games this past season - because he had earned the starting job. If you think that was a fast one the Canucks were pulling to make other teams think he's better than he is, you have some creative powers of interpretation.

The Canucks traded the right guy; a 27 year old backup who had his tired pumped all along in order to maximize a trade. A 9th overall in a deep draft for a backup is seldom seen.

Back to plan A; go with Vancouver's number one goaltender, signed to a lifetime contract. Let us be proud we still have this player to cheer for.

To me, Luongo, and the Canucks are finally and essentially putting an end to the goalie graveyard with this situation resolved. Now it's time for the fans and media to join in and enjoy the show.

You will not be disappointed.

When a people's judge, Deioces was fair, but his authority weathered away by too much exposure to the common folks. He retired. When the Medesian region, what is today's Iran, fell back into civil unrest, because the fair Deioces wasnt mitigating between families and dactuons any linger, he was called upon to rule the country once and for all, to which he agreed, but under his own conditions, including having himself built a humongous palace in which he would reside. Only a few servants were to see him, only one at a time and only once a week. His total lack of exposure to the common folks eventually regarded him as a God.

You're in the deluded club I see.

Schneider started more games this past season - because he had earned the starting job. If you think that was a fast one the Canucks were pulling to make other teams think he's better than he is, you have some creative powers of interpretation.

He took the job from Luongo. Face it.

So you're one of those that fell for the media speculation that because Luongo didn't start game 3 last year, then that automatically made Schneider the number 1. Even though at no time did anyone from Canucks management say so.

Who is deluded?

Not only that, but dollars to donuts he'll be starting over Marty. This whole "he'll have to win the position" is lip service, as Schneider is no doubt the better of the two at the moment.

To be clear, I am not saying that Schneider is better than Marty when he was at his best, obviously. I have to qualify that in bold and underlined because I know there are a half dozen idiots who wouldn't know context if it bit them on their point white paper hat.

So you're one of those that fell for the media speculation that because Luongo didn't start game 3 last year, then that automatically made Schneider the number 1. Even though at no time did anyone from Canucks management say so.

Who is deluded?

Archived