The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is anyone else worrying for Bo Horvat?

Kanucklehead10

Wow. I am new to the CDC but it is providing a constant source of amusement.

One person tries to create a controversy where none exists and the whole thing turns into a name-calling competition.

Shadowgoon, it's good that there are people with some sense that contribute to this forum.

Excellent?

Lu made a few big saves early in a couple of games, then let in a handful of his usual "questionable" ones. Lu's few big saves were totally underlined by the drama surrounding them (no Schneider). No question he's a good goalie, but his playoff numbers weren't very good, and neither was his performance, minus those few early, big saves

What are you on? The OP wasnt bashing horvat or anyone on the canucks. He was simply making a point saying that if horvat takes a little more time then he should to be the bonafide star everyone believes he will be lol then will the pressure from the fans get to him. I think you should reread before posting such BS.

I don't feel bad for him at all. I feel bad for all the bandwagon fans who think this guy is going to be a star in the league because he was drafted 9th overall. He very well might be a star or he very well might be like Gilbert Brule who never got on track in the NHL.

I was living in Montreal the year that Mike Komasarik got drafted 6th overalll and everyone thought he was the next Ray Bourque...

Fans have to realize that he will be doing good to be a third line center, if he becomes more than that, great but keep the hopes and expectations down for a few years.

I pity the guy; I don't think he quite understands the chaos and soap operas that's go on here on the west coast since he's an eastern country boy, as well as how important of a figure Cory Schneider was to our fan base and organization. To be under the microscope is one thing, but in Vancouver, it's a whole other level. I know he is a future star and will have a great career ahead of him but if it takes a while for him to reach his potential, say, a couple years (which I think it will take), I think the fans and media will start to question this player and bring negative attention towards him, making him experience too much pressure at a tender age and effect him personally. There are players that thrive under big trades and players that crumble, I just hope he does well here and is able to deal with the problems he will face especially in the next couple of years.

I feel bad that he was forced into a situation by Mike Gillis, just as a few of our other players have been. Zack Kassian to name one was put under heavy criticism right off the hop because he was traded for Cody Hodgson, Horvat was essentially traded for Schneider so the same thing is bound to happen.. There's not much you can do about it though, that's the way the media works around here and they only voice the worries of a select few (They also blow small things out of proportion, making them very real) but in reality they're only doing it because it's part of their job and their job is to create things to talk about. It really is an idiotic cycle! As long as Horvat can focus on his own play and his game plan, he'll be fine. I'm sure learning from example's through out the last couple years in this organization, he won't be making the same mistakes.. We need a GM who holds himself accountable, where's Burke when you need him? :rolleyes:

Archived