The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Weise and Canucks Going to Arbitration

Per Jim Jamieson's Twitter:

Jim Jamieson@JamiesonCanucks 18m

Just passed 5k followers. Thx to all. Here's bonus tidbit: Agent for #Canucks RFA Dale Weise says will be filing for salary arb. #humbled

Second time in a row he's taken the Canucks to arbitration. I believe last time it was to get a one-way contract as opposed to a two-way deal... I'm not sure what it could be about this time. Maybe he's trying to out-earn Sestito? I really don't think Weise has done enough to garner that much more than Sestito's 750k.

If he wants more than 750K he's dreaming, the easiest Canuck to replace so it doesn't matter. Jensen could probably do his job right now, or we could just sign some cheap UFA.

Hejduk could be had for about 1M or less plus signings and would be a huge upgrade on Weise.

We dont really need him as we could just call up one of our rookies and delevop them but not on the 4th line so I guess either Burrows of Hansen go to the fourth line Rw spot as it would be stupid to call up a rookie just to give him 5 mins playing with scrubs.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kes-Kass(booth and kass were doing good for that little time they had together last season.)

Higgins-Schroeder/Gaunce-Hansen

Richardson-Sontorelli-Weise

I doubt he'd go to arbitration if he wants just $50K more or something like that. It may be a one-way/two-way scenario again, or he's looking for a more significant increase but if it's too much we can look elsewhere to make sure we can sign the other players we need.

Archived