The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Weise and Canucks Going to Arbitration

I don't get it why people make a big deal out of this. A fourth liner who will never get the payday others in the league will get is trying to earn to more money for his life during and after hockey. We all know he's getting less than .016% of the cap.

I don't get it why people make a big deal out of this. A fourth liner who will never get the payday others in the league will get is trying to earn to more money for his life during and after hockey. We all know he's getting less than .016% of the cap.

All this crap about how he's a bad fighter. He improved quite a bit last year, bringing all his brawls to a close call, and even giving up a few shots to draw instigator penalties. Our GM is pinching pennies right now, Higgins and Tostitos were signed early, kinda screwing everyone else. Low dollar guys are gonna have to push for what they deserve.

Bringing in "younger grinders" doesn't make much sense, Weise is 24, and proven that he can play in the NHL.

He has some highlight reel goals, rarely makes mistakes in our end, is capable on the PK and is literally our fastest open ice skater.

He has size, though not traditionally "intimidating", he can lay fools OUT when he puts his mind to it. Weise has been one of the few in the last 2 post seasons that appeared to give a ****. Great 4th liner, this is the kind of depth the team needs. No reason not to keep him for under 900k.

cant score... won't fight... doesn't hit... why do we want this guy?

some stats: averages under 1 shot per game, 109th in hits, -7

+ he's not scaring anyone off the ice with his 'fighting ability'

sorry we would do better giving the salary to a prospect that will develop way beyond this guy

i like what dale can bring , potential to be a 3rd liner. not a good fighter true. but the canucks haven't in a long time gotten us a top ten type fighter. so of course weise looks horrible when he does fight. he is more often than not fighting out of / over his weight class. tom is a better fighter than dale, but the same can be said for him aswell. tom is best served a #2 on a 1-2 punch hockey team, but the canucks always have that ass backwards. and our current roster doesnt look or fit the bill of "team tough" either. maybe dale walking would be a good thing as gillis is forced to go out and find a replacement for weise , unless he goes for talent instead of brawn. lots of players out there still who bring toughness.

the general consenses tho... is add more tampons into the purse the nucks already swing. and go without any fighter at all.

i like what dale can bring , potential to be a 3rd liner. not a good fighter true. but the canucks haven't in a long time gotten us a top ten type fighter. so of course weise looks horrible when he does fight. he is more often than not fighting out of / over his weight class. tom is a better fighter than dale, but the same can be said for him aswell. tom is best served a #2 on a 1-2 punch hockey team, but the canucks always have that ass backwards. and our current roster doesnt look or fit the bill of "team tough" either. maybe dale walking would be a good thing as gillis is forced to go out and find a replacement for weise , unless he goes for talent instead of brawn. lots of players out there still who bring toughness.

the general consenses tho... is add more tampons into the purse the nucks already swing. and go without any fighter at all.

We have prospects that could replace him... it must be a 1-way/2-way thing. If he wants more money, he's gone. It seems to me more likely that he wants to earn his ~750k, whether a prospect bumps him to Utica or not.

...if I'm wrong, and it's for more money? GTFO Wiese. I'm tired of reading people spell your name Weiss anyways....

Archived