The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Weise and Canucks Going to Arbitration

Despite the negative sentiment towards going to arbitration, it is well within a RFA's rights to do so. Maybe Weise wants out now that Tortorella is there and is trying to price himself off the team. I would be more than willing to try and get out from under a team that won't pay me more and has a coach I don't like.

Lol, BYE Weise!

Seriously though, it's not worth the headache. If I'm MG right now, dealing with pressure from owners, trying to build a roster under the cap for next season, all the while hosting a prospects camp and preparing for a tournament in the fall - the last thing I'm thinking about is flying to New York to settle on an extra ~30g for Weise.

Let's move on.

If he wants more than 750K he's dreaming, the easiest Canuck to replace so it doesn't matter. Jensen could probably do his job right now, or we could just sign some cheap UFA.

Hejduk could be had for about 1M or less plus signings and would be a huge upgrade on Weise.

I don't get all the hate for Weise, he's been a solid contributor on our fourth line the past 2 years, and he seems like a great guy in the locker room. What's wrong with retaining a young depth forward that has potential?

Archived