102 replies to this topic

#61 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:36 PM

I don't get it why people make a big deal out of this. A fourth liner who will never get the payday others in the league will get is trying to earn to more money for his life during and after hockey. We all know he's getting less than .016% of the cap.

#62 longsuffering

longsuffering

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:11 PM

Luo just spent 20k for a weekend of poker.
One of these things is not like the other.

Not his money!

#63 canuktravella

canuktravella

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:14 PM

good riddance that guy couldnt fight his way out of a girls scout meeting peace beatch

#64 Robongo

Robongo

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

I don't get it why people make a big deal out of this. A fourth liner who will never get the payday others in the league will get is trying to earn to more money for his life during and after hockey. We all know he's getting less than .016% of the cap.

I think its because he hasn't earned more than the minimum and his attitude stinks. He has a feeling of self entitlement and he thinks he's better than he actually is. Remember how cocky he was after he lit up the Swiss league? I remember hearing on 1040 during the playoffs, they said they asked Weise what he has to improve on and his response was something along the lines of "nothing, I like my game right now."

Luongo-Userbar.gif
14vmxhf.jpg

#65 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:35 PM

and about 20% of the money management has to work with to make this team better.

#66 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:39 PM

Weise is AHL material he should be happy he gets 6 figures. He's a dime a dozen. He's going to get dropped awfully fast if he keeps this up

#67 euphoria/

euphoria/

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

2 year 650k

Soccer is for soft euros Beat it no one cares about soccer in canada hockey all the way

#68 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

Posted Image
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#69 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,426 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

All this crap about how he's a bad fighter. He improved quite a bit last year, bringing all his brawls to a close call, and even giving up a few shots to draw instigator penalties. Our GM is pinching pennies right now, Higgins and Tostitos were signed early, kinda screwing everyone else. Low dollar guys are gonna have to push for what they deserve.

Bringing in "younger grinders" doesn't make much sense, Weise is 24, and proven that he can play in the NHL.

He has some highlight reel goals, rarely makes mistakes in our end, is capable on the PK and is literally our fastest open ice skater.

He has size, though not traditionally "intimidating", he can lay fools OUT when he puts his mind to it. Weise has been one of the few in the last 2 post seasons that appeared to give a ****. Great 4th liner, this is the kind of depth the team needs. No reason not to keep him for under 900k.

#70 Lu's next agent

Lu's next agent

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:58 PM

cant score... won't fight... doesn't hit... why do we want this guy?

some stats: averages under 1 shot per game, 109th in hits, -7

+ he's not scaring anyone off the ice with his 'fighting ability'

sorry we would do better giving the salary to a prospect that will develop way beyond this guy

Edited by cupincanada, 09 July 2013 - 09:30 PM.

#71 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:08 PM

I heard he was offered the league max in the Dutch league and he wants the Canucks to match
Posted Image

#72 Edler's Mind Tricks

Edler's Mind Tricks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:14 PM

So 800k?

Hockey Management Intern for UBC Thunderbirds.
Associate Editor for Dobber Sports Network.
Designing a UBC Hockey Management Degree.

#73 bloodyknukles

bloodyknukles

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:31 PM

i like what dale can bring , potential to be a 3rd liner. not a good fighter true. but the canucks haven't in a long time gotten us a top ten type fighter. so of course weise looks horrible when he does fight. he is more often than not fighting out of / over his weight class. tom is a better fighter than dale, but the same can be said for him aswell. tom is best served a #2 on a 1-2 punch hockey team, but the canucks always have that ass backwards. and our current roster doesnt look or fit the bill of "team tough" either. maybe dale walking would be a good thing as gillis is forced to go out and find a replacement for weise , unless he goes for talent instead of brawn. lots of players out there still who bring toughness.

the general consenses tho... is add more tampons into the purse the nucks already swing. and go without any fighter at all.

#74 Lu's next agent

Lu's next agent

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:53 PM

i like what dale can bring , potential to be a 3rd liner. not a good fighter true. but the canucks haven't in a long time gotten us a top ten type fighter. so of course weise looks horrible when he does fight. he is more often than not fighting out of / over his weight class. tom is a better fighter than dale, but the same can be said for him aswell. tom is best served a #2 on a 1-2 punch hockey team, but the canucks always have that ass backwards. and our current roster doesnt look or fit the bill of "team tough" either. maybe dale walking would be a good thing as gillis is forced to go out and find a replacement for weise , unless he goes for talent instead of brawn. lots of players out there still who bring toughness.

the general consenses tho... is add more tampons into the purse the nucks already swing. and go without any fighter at all.

the problem is there are very few true fighters left in the nhl and even hard checking players like Clowe are getting 4M+ per year - skill is cheaper

#75 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:57 PM

He has some highlight reel goals, rarely makes mistakes in our end, is capable on the PK and is literally our fastest open ice skater.

:lol:

#76 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:59 AM

We have prospects that could replace him... it must be a 1-way/2-way thing. If he wants more money, he's gone. It seems to me more likely that he wants to earn his ~750k, whether a prospect bumps him to Utica or not.

...if I'm wrong, and it's for more money? GTFO Wiese. I'm tired of reading people spell your name Weiss anyways....
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#77 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:00 AM

I'd keep him for anything less than a million

Zf3XIDB.png

Sig by: Samuel Påhlsson

#78 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:16 AM

:lol:
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#79 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:45 AM

Nothing to get upset about here. It's just business.

#80 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:17 AM

I must say I was disappointed with Weise last season. I would let him go.
Kevin.jpg

#81 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:06 AM

What are you saying Bodee? Are you saying you'd rather take Raymond over Weise?

#82 EagleShield

EagleShield

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:20 AM

Unless the arb gives the Canucks exactly what they want, Weise will be let go. Not the kind of player who can dictate terms.

#83 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,630 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:36 AM

I doubt he'd go to arbitration if he wants just $50K more or something like that. It may be a one-way/two-way scenario again, or he's looking for a more significant increase but if it's too much we can look elsewhere to make sure we can sign the other players we need.

That's not the case his qualifying offer is a 1-way and a 10% raise, he obviously isn't accepting that. He thinks since he scored a lot in a crappy European league he's now worth more.

#84 Bale

Bale

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:01 AM

I'm not a huge fan of Weise. It would be nice to have a tough guy that could win a fight or 2. Plus his twitter account was pretty weird, he kicked all us guys off it and kept the ladies....Bad attitude on twitter before that.

#85 hockeyking

hockeyking

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:43 AM

You must have missed the playoffs where he averaged the most hits per minutes and him being second on the team in hits. He wasn't brought to fight but to hit and he did just that.

Edited by hockeyking, 10 July 2013 - 10:45 AM.

#86 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,630 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

Weise is a valuable 4th liner, he isn't supposed to be a fighter we are forcing him to play that way. He's very solid defensively, can kill penalties, a fast skater and hits fairly well. A 4th liner who can play more than 7 minutes a night? Sign me up!

#87 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,363 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:58 AM

Result: League Minimum :bigblush:

#88 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:26 AM

I like Weise but come on, the Canucks plucked him off waivers and gave him a chance to succeed, knowing their cap situation, he should not have filed for arbitration.

At the very least he should realize that the Canucks shouldn't have to pay for his potential... translate that potential into reality on the ice and they will give him his money... he should take a one year 2way deal and prove that he has what it takes and when the Cap goes up and some contracts are bought out or end, or trades happen there will be a lot of $$$ for him.

Help the team win and they will show you the money.
Posted Image

#89 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:10 PM

You must have missed the playoffs where he averaged the most hits per minutes and him being second on the team in hits. He wasn't brought to fight but to hit and he did just that.

If you had watched the games you would have seen we got too wrapped up for the 2nd year running in making senseless hits while forgetting that the purpose of the game is to garner points.

Weise was a minus player in both regular and playoff seasons for good reason.

If you want sing Weise's praises then go ahead, I won't waste my time.
Kevin.jpg

#90 hockeyking

hockeyking

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:12 PM

If you had watched the games you would have seen we got too wrapped up for the 2nd year running in making senseless hits while forgetting that the purpose of the game is to garner points.

Weise was a minus player in both regular and playoff seasons for good reason.

If you want sing Weise's praises then go ahead, I won't waste my time.

He was so bad in the playoffs that he got promoted and got more ice-time makes sense???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.