The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks to play Sens in 2014 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic

Grape

Tony Gallagher:

This is really a test, an examination of the hockey market here that everyone knows is pretty strong. They want to find out just exactly how stupid and gullible people are when it comes to NHL hockey, and it’s pretty clear they are betting a fair bit of money that you fans are literally as dumb as a bag of hammers.

Tony Gallagher:

This is really a test, an examination of the hockey market here that everyone knows is pretty strong. They want to find out just exactly how stupid and gullible people are when it comes to NHL hockey, and it’s pretty clear they are betting a fair bit of money that you fans are literally as dumb as a bag of hammers.

What are the odds of someone creating an NHL-spec rink in a field somewhere in the Interior or Northern BC and volunteering that as the outdoor rink? Would make more sense as it will actually be cold, frozen, and truly an outdoor rink in the spirit of the game. Heck, make the rink anyway, people will play!

I'll go for sure.. Not sure how tickets will work for season tickets holders.. Hope to get some decent seats.. Problem with stadium game are you are so far from the play even for best seats.. Some report mention only like 10% of the ppl can see the play.. Otherwise most just watch on the big screen...

I don't care I'm excited about this. Mostly because I know I'm going to be watching the game on their 60 yard 1080p high definition screen.. It's all about the experience.. It's not every day that you get to see a Canucks hockey game in Vancouver that isn't in Rogers Arena.

Hell if they make new jerseys just for this event, I don't care. I'm still going to spend $220 just to buy a jersey for the game.

winter classic is about the atmosphere and the experience.. what atmosphere is there to experience inside a dome bc place where even with the roof open it's prolly going to be either raining and warm from the body heat of 60k crowd inside a dome or humid and warm =\ ice is going to be like crap and players increase chances to hurt themselves.. can't the canucks say no? lol

Archived