Season	Team		Lge	GP	A	PIM	Min	GA	EN	SO	GAA	W	L	T	Svs	Pct	GP	GAA	SV%

2008-09	Brynas IF Gavle	SEL	13	0	0											7	2:43	.922

2009-10	Leksands IF	Swe-1	49	1	4													

2010-11	Skelleftea HC	SEL	17	0	2	939	40	0	1	2.56				388	0.906	

2011-12	Skelleftea HC	SEL	33	0	2	2016	61	0	3	1.82				837	0.932	19	2.20	.918

2012-13	Skelleftea HC	SEL	30	0	4	1726	48	0	5	1.67	21	9	0	652	0.931	10	1.06	.952

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/joacim_eriksson/

History

A relative unknown to many fans of North American hockey, Joacim Eriksson has been developing his game quietly in Sweden. In 2006-07, Eriksson played for the Swedish U17 team internationally recording a 1.25 GAA and .961 save percentage. In 2007-08 Eriksson continued his development with Brynas IF in Sweden.

2007-08: Eriksson moved around the Swedish Elite League this season, playing for two different clubs. He started the year with Brynas IF Gavle U18 (SWE-U18), appearing in nine games where we racked up two shutouts and a 2.31 goals against average. He then moved up to the Brynas IF junior squad, where he played 16 games and finished with a 3.31 goals against average. He was then moved to VALBO HC (SWE-3) where he appeared in two games. He also appeared in two games for Sweden in the U18 World Championships this year where he had a GAA of 3.00 and save percentage of .906.

2008-09: Continuing his role with Brynas junior squad, Eriksson would start in 33 games, posting an outstanding .930 Save Percentage and 1.99 GAA. He would also suit up in three games with Sweden at the World Juniors, with a .918 save percentage and GAA. His season would come with awards aplenty earning the best GAA and Save % titles, as well as backstopping his team to a championship.

2009-10: Eriksson made the jump up to the SEL, playing a significant role with Leksand, continuing his dominating play in net. In 38 games, Eriksson would continue to show his critics just how good he was, posting a 2.40 GAA and .926 save percentage, before again jumping across the pond for the World Juniors. With Sweden, he would put up a 2.50 GAA and .919 save percentage in two starts.

Talent Analysis

Ranked as the second best goaltender born 1990 in Sweden, after the more hyped Jacob Markström. A skilled goaltender with decent size, quick reflexes and good mental strength.

Eriksson is a classic butterfly goaltender with good size and respectable lateral mobility.

Future

Eriksson signed a contract with the Vancouver Canucks in June of 2013. It is assumed that he'll come to North America to challenge for a job in the organization in 2013-14.

I love this kid. Look at the side by side comparisons to Lunquist Markstrom and other goalies such as Fasth; the numbers are more than comparable and in some cases better.

His technique is fun to watch he takes away angles of the net he has no right getting to in time to save a goal. Not quite a hybrid nor a standard or traditional butterfly I love this kids potential.

If anything I would let Lack recover with Canatta in the AHL because you don't miss almost 9 months due to injury and then come into the Vancouver pressure cooker with a hip still on the mend.

I really think out of all the signings that have gone down in the league in the last 3 weeks, this one is the unheralded signing people should have paid attention to.

And to boot, it is a Philli loss. Every goalie Philli has let go or lost recently has done some fairly amazing things.

Guest Dasein

I love this kid. Look at the side by side comparisons to Lunquist Markstrom and other goalies such as Fasth; the numbers are more than comparable and in some cases better.

His technique is fun to watch he takes away angles of the net he has no right getting to in time to save a goal. Not quite a hybrid nor a standard or traditional butterfly I love this kids potential.

If anything I would let Lack recover with Canatta in the AHL because you don't miss almost 9 months due to injury and then come into the Vancouver pressure cooker with a hip still on the mend.

I really think out of all the signings that have gone down in the league in the last 3 weeks, this one is the unheralded signing people should have paid attention to.

And to boot, it is a Philli loss. Every goalie Philli has let go or lost recently has done some fairly amazing things.

I guess somebody should go out and sign Bryzgalov then huh

:bigblush:

didn't look that good in scrimmage. looks like he has a weak glove side.I know its just a scrimmage but everyone is raving about how horvat shinkaruk and Jensen looked so how about the poor players. he let in a softy and didn't look great at all. hope he proves me wrong.

He was one of the best (if not the best) goaltenders in the SHL last season.

As every European goaltender he has to adjust to the smaller ice surface and the faster pace of the North American style of hockey, but I really do believe that Eriksson is the real deal and that he'll become a future starting goalie in the NHL.

didn't look that good in scrimmage. looks like he has a weak glove side.I know its just a scrimmage but everyone is raving about how horvat shinkaruk and Jensen looked so how about the poor players. he let in a softy and didn't look great at all. hope he proves me wrong.

Quick note, this scrimmage was his first ever game on a smaller ice surface. Pretty impressive honestly.

dont be so fickle. you said it yourself, its just a scrimmage. can't get too high or too low based on that.

• 1 month later...

Archived