The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

So BIGGER, STRONGER and YOUNGER =

GM Fantasy Guru

Most of those guys are for the AHL team or even juniors still, they are young and will put on more pounds by the time they make the big club. Gillis is doing a real good job, anyone with a brain could see how things were gonna have to go this offseason with how the CBA screwed us over, he's doing what he has to do right now, the prospect pool is totally re-filled now, this draft sets us up with a solid youth core for the next few seasons.

And who got those players here? You can't ignore other moves he's made (in particular, the more significant ones like Garrison and the way he's been drafting since he's noted that) and focus only on depth moves he's made this offseason after having no room to do anything more in order to try and prove he "rarely does what he says."

Let me put it this way: if he'd taken the cap room he had left and only focused on signing players who were, younger, bigger and stronger - regardless of if they could even play hockey - would you be more or less happy with his moves this summer?

When you come out and tell the fans at the end of the season that you are going to get bigger younger and tougher that means in comparison to what you already are. Since we already had those guys, how has our roster gotten bigger and younger since the season's end? We haven't.

Don't tell us something and do the opposite, that's my point. I'm not against his signings, I'm against his BS.

That's like ur boss at the end of the year guaranteeing you a raise and not delivering on it. It just keeps you holding on hoping one day you'll get it. It's better if he just kept his mouth shut, but he's a desperate GM trying to save his job and telling the fans what they want to hear.

Every team is in the same position.

Some will improve,some regress.

Which catergory do the Canucks fit into?

Back up top 10-20 goalie-gone for a prospect.

#1 goalie super cheesed at mgmt. act.

Team scoring falling y/o/y/.

PP failing y/o/y.

Lose a top 6 d man and have to pay partial cap and get no return despite losing two first rounders in the initial transaction.

Trade a top 10 prospect that just finished near top 50 in NHL scoring for a future prospect.

No viable winger to play with Kes.

Fourth line has no scoring.

D has two rookies that can't score as options.

Bigger,stronger,younger and can't score.

Go Team g o ..........

Most of those guys are for the AHL team or even juniors still, they are young and will put on more pounds by the time they make the big club. Gillis is doing a real good job, anyone with a brain could see how things were gonna have to go this offseason with how the CBA screwed us over, he's doing what he has to do right now, the prospect pool is totally re-filled now, this draft sets us up with a solid youth core for the next few seasons.

Why do people like you constantly negate any success Gillis has had during his tenure and only focus on what you can call " shortcomings" which, in fact, are still in progress ( ie: coho for Kassian, David booth, etc.)

I know how much u hate booth but really he hasn't had a fair shake. New coach and hopefully he can stay healthy and you will see what i mean this season.

We're u a fan of this team back in the dark days of the late 90s???

We are lucky to have a GM like Gillis in my HONEST and humble opinion.

I wouldn't know but thanks for once again proving that you take the "ain't with us you're against us" approach.

You know it doesn't have to be all doom and gloom or happy hand clapping right? I mean anybody that can't see the good and the bad of the last 5 years are abject failures when it comes to analyzing hockey.

Pelletier

Richardson

Santorelli

Weber

Blaine

Biega

Are you freaking kidding me????????????????????

Just what the hell does Mike Gillis think he is doing with this team? At the end of the season media BS session, he procaimed that the Canucks had to get a whole lot bigger, stronger, etc. Well, would you believe that every UFA free agent that he has signed is not even 200 pounds?

The owner will finally realize that this rookie GM has to be fired when there are empty seats this coming season. We will not make the playoffs and obviously the Bobby Lou situation is going to turn into a complete disaster.

And what to make of the Shneider trade? Although Horvat appears to be a really good young player, how does help this team now and more specifically the 33 year old twins? Gillis has made some terrible blunders, horrendous trades and it is obvious that he has dug himself into a big hole. I have had enough of this clown and I can't wait until we get a new GM.

Gillis best quality has been to re-sign the players that Burke and Gillis brought in. He got them to sign "hometown discounts" and now the fact we have so many players signed to no trade contracts, it is absolutely killing this hockey team. I am sorry, but, I am tired of hearing about sleep doctors, yoga training, etc. I want only the best for this hockey team and it is very obvious that Mike Gillis has to go.

Archived