The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Lineup Poll- voting for 2nd line LW

Langdon Algur

2nd line LW poll  

174 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Higgins. He has way better play making ability than Booth who is a crash and bang type of player (just like Kesler who will play C). Higgins fits the role. I vote Kesler for 2nd line Centre position.

Edit: I agree with Cocolocci above me ^ Higgins - Kesler - Burrows

Would like to see:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Hansen

Booth - Santorelli - Kassian

Sestito - Richardson - Weise

If Booth and Santorelli don't find any chemistry then Booth can go back up to the 2nd line and Higgins can move down to the 3rd. Also Richardson can move up to center the 3rd line and Santorelli can be our 4th line center.. I'd like to see if the chemistry is still there though, it sure would make Santorelli seem like a steal at what MG signed him for if that's the case! If not, then I guess our 4th line got a little weaker after Lappy's departure. lol

I still think we should sign another forward though, relying on Kassian on the 1st line or even the 2nd is a gamble. He hasn't been very consistent and def not performed at a point per game basis.. Not gonna say that it won't happen, but if it doesn't we sure are gonna need to make a move at the trade deadline- which by then all the good FA's will be gone. (Not that the remaining are the cream of the crop either) Still would be nice to add size in Penner, or depth defensively in Murray. :P Just saying.

EDIT: I actually prefer Kass on the 3rd line with Booth, instead of the 1st line way which everyone else thinks is the best way to go.. (Or on the 2nd should Booth be moved back up) I think they could develop some good chemistry together and it makes our 3rd line look very good should it all work out. The first line is obviously proven to be effective, so I don't have to elaborate on that one. The 2nd line is a checking line- all have speed and create chances on the forecheck, Kes is good enough that he can make this line click and be defensive while still supplying a scoring threat. It's all about balance... Should we not get any other players added to our roster, there are always prospects that can be called up like Schroeder/Gaunce or Jensen. (But only should the Santorelli project fail or if our 4th line starts dragging the team down) Over all, I guess we aren't as bad off as I had originally thought.. -_-

Archived