The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Please Don't let Horvat be the next Brule**

carlweezer

Do not rush him into the NHL! It is very very very RARE for an 18 yr old to make a difference in the NHL, heck even guys like Tavares and Stamkos struggled in the NHL when they were 18.

Look what happened to Brule, elite potential, elite prospect, was rushed to the NHL, confidence was shot and he was never the same,

If Horvat was to make our team what kinda of role would he have anyways? 3rd line C or 4th line C?? what are we talking about 13 minutes a game?? He isn't going to kill penalties over guys like Kesler, Hansen, Burrows. and Torts has said he wants the Twins to kill penalties as well....Will he get a sniff of the 2nd unit PP?? perhaps.

I would much rather Horvat go back to London, and play top line minutes. Remember last year he was put in a defensive role and it wasnt until the 2nd half of the season where he got lined up with Domi and put in an offensive role. Thats when his numbers blew up and he dominated the OHL playoffs. Imagine a whole year of being in the situation, who knows what kind of offensive ceiling this guy can reach.

London will be hosting the Mem Cup so thats another great experience for him! 3 years of MEM CUP! wow!.....then there's the World Jr's in December where he has a great chance to make TEAM CANADA.

What about the business side of things, if we play him as an 18 yr old its 1 year off his ELC!..That means he can be a UFA 1 year sooner when he is in his prime, and thats when we are really going to need him because in 5 years when our core retires, Horvat will be our guy!! Look at RNH w. Edmonton, he is in his last year of his ELC and will be an RFA next year. He will be making 4 mil a year at least at 21 yrs old and he nor the Oilers have yet to accomplish anything. He had a great rookie year but eventually NHL dmen figured out his game and RNH didnt have the body to be in the NHL. I know Horvat is 210lbs and 6'0 but he still has room to physically develop and mature. dont rush him

Please MG send him back to the minors to develop and get 22 minutes a game in a lead role.

I'd rather have someone like Schroeder or Lain or to a lesser degree Gaunce because Bellville wont make the Mem Cup and Gaunce has a low chance of making Team Canada.

why don't we watch how he performs in the training camp and let the staffs of the team decide on whether he's ready or not?

The canucks isn't a team who would blindly throw a prospect into our line up if he's not ready. If he made it into our team, that means he's ready at certain level

lol I go to school in London and watch the Knights play so I'd rather him stay in the OHL as well ahaha.

I don't think they will rush him at all. We haven't really done that to 18 year olds. Jensen, Gaunce never made the team in recent years so I doubt Horvat or even Shinkaruk does this year.

Do not rush him into the NHL! It is very very very RARE for an 18 yr old to make a difference in the NHL, heck even guys like Tavares and Stamkos struggled in the NHL when they were 18.

Look what happened to Brule, elite potential, elite prospect, was rushed to the NHL, confidence was shot and he was never the same,

If Horvat was to make our team what kinda of role would he have anyways? 3rd line C or 4th line C?? what are we talking about 13 minutes a game?? He is going to kill penalties over guys like Kesler, Hansen, Burrows. and Torts has said he wants the Twins to kill penalties as well....Will he get a sniff of the 2nd unit PP?? perhaps.

I would much rather Horvat go back to London, and play top line minutes. Remember last year he was put in a defensive role and it wasnt until the 2nd half of the season where he got lined up with Domi and put in an offensive role. Thats when his numbers blew up and he dominated the OHL playoffs. Imagine a whole year of being in the situation, who knows what kind of offensive ceiling this guy can reach.

London will be hosting the Mem Cup so thats another great experience for him! 3 years of MEM CUP! wow!.....then there's the World Jr's in December where he has a great chance to make TEAM CANADA.

What about the business side of things, if we play him as an 18 yr old its 1 year off his ELC!..That means he can be a UFA 1 year sooner when he is in his prime, and thats when we are really going to need him because in 5 years when our core retires, Horvat will be our guy!! Look at RNH w. Edmonton, he is in his last year of his ELC and will be an RFA next year. He will be making 4 mil a year at least at 21 yrs old and he nor the Oilers have yet to accomplish anything. He had a great rookie year but eventually NHL dmen figured out his game and RNH didnt have the body to be in the NHL. I know Horvat is 210lbs and 6'0 but he still has room to physically develop and mature. dont rush him

Please MG send him back to the minors to develop and get 22 minutes a game in a lead role.

I'd rather have someone like Schroeder or Lain or to a lesser degree Gaunce because Bellville wont make the Mem Cup and Gaunce has a low chance of making Team Canada.

If he's ready, he'll play here. If he's not he won't.

Why are you even worrying about it at this point months before the preseason even starts?

Do you think the Canuck coaches or management read this board?

Could give him 9 games (or less) to see how he looks in the NHL. If he looks great then he can stay, if he looks good then I'd send him back to Juniors, as his good won't be good enough in the mid-season and playoffs compared to all the other stars and regulars.

why don't we watch how he performs in the training camp and let the staffs of the team decide on whether he's ready or not?

The canucks isn't a team who would blindly throw a prospect into our line up if he's not ready. If he made it into our team, that means he's ready at certain level

Guest Pinchin

I've heard Gillis on TEAM1040 mention Bo is going back to Junior unless there is some miracle in camp. I agree, no need to rush him, but I don't think they are going to as it is.

Archived