The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Sacha Guimond signs AHL contract with Canucks

I love the Utica deal the Canucks made. They can add depth to the org outside the NHL CAP. Many might suggest that ECHL and AHL players might never make the Show but it is all Canucks. A player making a decision to sign with an org will be more likely to go where he can develop long term if that what it takes. It ties in with the Detroit model.

Harmless depth signing for Utica. No worries here but ECHL D of the year is impressive. I am genuinely enjoying the quality of the tryouts and signings for the AHL and ECHL teams.

A ton of ex Junior captains award winners and finalists. People with skill, heart and determination by the bucketful.

Hope this translates into the kind of competition needed to have players find that extra gear on all three teams. Kalamazoo, Utica and The Nukcs

I'm not a huge fan of the signing, I get that it's for depth, but we're starting to look like the Wolves of last year on our back end. We're filling up with AHL plugs like Guimond, Blain, Biega, Weber and Mullen. This either bumps our prospects like Polasek, Tommernes, Andersson, Sauve and Corado, or makes some serious competition.

No more AHL signings on D plz, Gillis. Forwards however, could use some plugs.

I'm not a huge fan of the signing, I get that it's for depth, but we're starting to look like the Wolves of last year on our back end. We're filling up with AHL plugs like Guimond, Blain, Biega, Weber and Mullen. This either bumps our prospects like Polasek, Tommernes, Andersson, Sauve and Corado, or makes some serious competition.

• 1 month later...

Archived