The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Your roster for Canada at the World Juniors?

Given the choice, what would your line-up be for Canada at the World Juniors?

---------------------

The players invited to the camp:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goalies: Eric Comrie, Zachary Fucale, Jake Paterson

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defenseman: Mathew Dumba, Matt Finn, Dillon Heatherington, Darnell Nurse, Michael Matheson, Josh Morrissey, Adam Pelech, Derrick Pouliot, Ryan Pulock, Griffin Reinhart, Morgan Rielly, Damon Severson.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FORWARDS: Jonathan Drouin, Max Domi, Brendan Gaunce, Frédérik Gauthier, Félix Girard, Bo Horvat, Charles Hudon, Scott Laughton, Curtis Lazar, Anthony Mantha, Connor McDavid, Nathan MacKinnon, Sean Monahan, Nic Petan, Émile Poirier, Sam Reinhart, Ryan Rupert, Kerby Rychel, Hunter Shinkaruk, Tom Wilson.

Paterson

Fucale

Rielly*-Nurse

Dumba-Reinhart

Pulock-Pouliot

Pelech-Finn^

Drouin*-Mackinnon*-Gaunce

Rychel-Monahan*-Mantha

Hudon-Horvat-Laughton*

Lazar-Reinhart-Wilson

McDavid

Shinkaruk^

Gauthier^

Domi^

Petan^

*Unless he makes NHL

^If above player doesn't play

I would definitely bring McDavid and S.Reinhart. Hockey Canada usually goes to 19 years old instead on 16-17years old futur star, but with changes in coach/scouting i hope they change it up. MacKinnon was playing 4th line and Drouin 2nd line last year. Yet they prove they can beat anyone at the Memorial Cup, specially Seth Jones twice who played for the Gold Winning team USA.

They should have played with Huberdeau on the first line as in the Subway series they had unbelievable chemistry.

Honestly, their team looks stacked so I wouldn't worry about the roster

If Rielly, G.Reinhart, Monahan, Mackinnon, Drouin, Laughton makes the NHL, they still have good players, but suddenly not as stacked. And they all have a good shot of making it.

They are also some long-shot like Gaunce, Horvat, Dumba, Pouliot (cap space for the Pens),

Here's mine, assuming none of them make the NHL or they are allowed by their teams to play.

Drouin-Mackinnon-Shinkaruk

Domi-Horvat-Rienhart

Mantha-Monahan-Laughton

Rychel-Gaunce-Wilson

Reinhart-Rielly

Dumba-Pouliot

Morrissey-Nurse

Patterson

Fucale

Here's mine, assuming none of them make the NHL or they are allowed by their teams to play.

Drouin-Mackinnon-Shinkaruk

Domi-Horvat-Rienhart

Mantha-Monahan-Laughton

Rychel-Gaunce-Wilson

Reinhart-Rielly

Dumba-Pouliot

Morrissey-Nurse

Patterson

Fucale

so Connor mcdavid made the team last year but not this year?

so Connor mcdavid made the team last year but not this year?

Really? He made the team last year? For the U-20? As a 15 year-old? Wow.

(Btw, it was the U-18 team McDavid played on)

I do think he should/will make the team, due to the fact that many of the players I named will be tied up with their various NHL franchises.

Given the choice, what would your line-up be for Canada at the World Juniors?

---------------------

The players invited to the camp:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goalies: Eric Comrie, Zachary Fucale, Jake Paterson

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defenseman: Mathew Dumba, Matt Finn, Dillon Heatherington, Darnell Nurse, Michael Matheson, Josh Morrissey, Adam Pelech, Derrick Pouliot, Ryan Pulock, Griffin Reinhart, Morgan Rielly, Damon Severson.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FORWARDS: Jonathan Drouin, Max Domi, Brendan Gaunce, Frédérik Gauthier, Félix Girard, Bo Horvat, Charles Hudon, Scott Laughton, Curtis Lazar, Anthony Mantha, Connor McDavid, Nathan MacKinnon, Sean Monahan, Nic Petan, Émile Poirier, Sam Reinhart, Ryan Rupert, Kerby Rychel, Hunter Shinkaruk, Tom Wilson.

I think the following will be in the NHL next year given cap/need for young players to play and just plain 'ready' but good post.

Drouin

McKinnon

Laughton

D - Maybe Reilly and Reinhart will be in the bigs...

But damn, if that team can't win gold..not sure who can!

I think the following will be in the NHL next year given cap/need for young players to play and just plain 'ready' but good post.

Drouin

McKinnon

Laughton

D - Maybe Reilly and Reinhart will be in the bigs...

But damn, if that team can't win gold..not sure who can!

Our team last year was full of NHL players, this team doesn't compare.

Shinkaruk-Domi-Horvat

Rychel-Laughton-Reinhart

Wilson-McDavid-Lazar

Poirier-Gauthier-Mantha

Petan/Leipsic

Pouliot-Pulock

Morriessy-Matheson

Finn-Heatherington

Paterson

Fucale

Our team last year was full of NHL players, this team doesn't compare.

Shinkaruk-Domi-Horvat

Rychel-Laughton-Reinhart

Wilson-McDavid-Lazar

Poirier-Gauthier-Mantha

Petan/Leipsic

Pouliot-Pulock

Morriessy-Matheson

Finn-Heatherington

Paterson

Fucale

no Gaunce? Or do you expect him to make the Canucks?

no Gaunce? Or do you expect him to make the Canucks?

I'm expecting him to make the 3rd line center spot for the Canucks. If not he'll go 2nd line instead of Rychel, everybody moves down 1 and Mantha is out.

I don't think Mackinnon, Drouin, and Reilly will be on the team since they'll be on their NHL teams. So here is what I would like to see

Shinkaruk - Monahan - Mantha

Rychel - Horvat - Domi

S. Reinhart - Gaunce - Klimchuk

Wilson - Gauthier - McDavid

Nurse - G. Reinhart

Dumba - Pulock

Pouliot - Morrissey

Fucale

Paterson

Archived