The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Opening line-up *NO TRADES*

BieksaSedin

I wouldn't mind having this as our line-up for game 1.

Resigns: Dale Weise $800,000

Kellan Lain $950,000

Chris Tanev $1,150,000

Jordan Schroeder $950,000 (AHL) * We all saw flashes of what this guy can do at the NHL level giving him a season (maybe half a season in the AHL to develop more wouldn't be a bad thing*

Call up: Brendan Gaunce as the Third line centre. I believe he is the most ready out of anyone else. (Unless Horvat surprises everyone)

Line changes:

Forwards

1st line . - A healthy Booth is a dangerous Booth. A big power forward who can score would gel perfectly with the Sedins. Booth isn't afraid of being physical and getting into the hard areas, including the front of the net.( a place Kesler was fond of in his amazing 2011 season).

2nd line. - Kassian has showed chemistry with Kesler before, ever since his first game actually, and I don't really need to talk about Burrows and Kesler together.

3rd line. - You have 2 speedy wingers in Higgins and Hansen partnered with a big power forward down the middle. Best part is? They can all pitch in and provide some nice depth scoring.

4th line. - Not much to talk about. TOUGH is all the comes to mind. Sestito - Richardson - Weise

Defence no big changes really. All normal match ups

Goalies Lu+Lack will win funniest Twitter goalie tandem.

Sedin - Sedin - Booth

Burrows- Kesler- Kassian

Higgins - Gaunce - Hansen

Sestito - Richardson - Weise

(Lain) (Santorelli)

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Tanev - Corrado

(Weber)

Luongo

Lack

This leaves us with about $750,000 if i remember correctly

You know who else has chemistry with Kesler? Booth. I think Kassian is the safer bet to be on the Sedin line. I feel like they play pretty similar games but Kassian is someone who passes more and suits the Sedin's style of play better.

I'm not really sure why you had to make your own thread with this though. Surely there are other threads for predicting the line up that you could have used. It's not like you've used so much creativity that your line up needs to be a stand alone.

I wouldn't mind having this as our line-up for game 1.

Resigns: Dale Weise $800,000

Kellan Lain $950,000

Chris Tanev $1,150,000

Jordan Schroeder $950,000 (AHL) * We all saw flashes of what this guy can do at the NHL level giving him a season (maybe half a season in the AHL to develop more wouldn't be a bad thing*

Call up: Brendan Gaunce as the Third line centre. I believe he is the most ready out of anyone else. (Unless Horvat surprises everyone)

Line changes:

Forwards

1st line . - A healthy Booth is a dangerous Booth. A big power forward who can score would gel perfectly with the Sedins. Booth isn't afraid of being physical and getting into the hard areas, including the front of the net.( a place Kesler was fond of in his amazing 2011 season).

2nd line. - Kassian has showed chemistry with Kesler before, ever since his first game actually, and I don't really need to talk about Burrows and Kesler together.

3rd line. - You have 2 speedy wingers in Higgins and Hansen partnered with a big power forward down the middle. Best part is? They can all pitch in and provide some nice depth scoring.

4th line. - Not much to talk about. TOUGH is all the comes to mind. Sestito - Richardson - Weise

Defence no big changes really. All normal match ups

Goalies Lu+Lack will win funniest Twitter goalie tandem.

Sedin - Sedin - Booth

Burrows- Kesler- Kassian

Sestito - Richardson - Weise

(Lain) (Santorelli)

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Tanev - Corrado

(Weber)

Luongo

Lack

This leaves us with about $750,000 if i remember correctly

I agree that Burrows needs a demotion at this point in his career, but Booth on the first line? He's never been a legitimate top line player in his time in the NHL, and he's literally on the verge of having to pursue a minor league career. I hope for a bounce back from him, but that's just beyond wishful thinking.

Other than that, and the pairing of two very young D-men, it looks like a playoff team (probably not a 'contending' team). Don't you think Jensen will crack the roster though? He'd replace Raymond, and give a little extra finesse...

I agree that Burrows needs a demotion at this point in his career, but Booth on the first line? He's never been a legitimate top line player in his time in the NHL, and he's literally on the verge of having to pursue a minor league career. I hope for a bounce back from him, but that's just beyond wishful thinking.

Other than that, and the pairing of two very young D-men, it looks like a playoff team (probably not a 'contending' team). Don't you think Jensen will crack the roster though? He'd replace Raymond, and give a little extra finesse...

No one here seems to understand how players typically make it to the NHL...

For an offensive forward, they have to absolutely dominate in the OHL or the Q. Like WAY over a point-per-game kind of domination. Then, they have to dominate in the AHL (a point-per-game or better). Once they reach the AHL, they'll start to get the odd NHL game. But, they won't become a true NHL regular until they can dominate in the AHL.

Gaunce hasn't even played a single AHL game. And, he didn't dominate in junior.

So, the only way we'll see him as our regular 3rd line center this year (other than a few games here and there), is if he absolutely destroys it in Utica for a couple months, then gets the call-up for the second half of the year.

We aren't starting the season with Gaunce as our 3rd, especially considering that Schroeder is literally years more advanced (and even Schroeder hasn't lit up the AHL yet, so that explains why he's on the bubble).

No one here seems to understand how players typically make it to the NHL...

For an offensive forward, they have to absolutely dominate in the OHL or the Q. Like WAY over a point-per-game kind of domination. Then, they have to dominate in the AHL (a point-per-game or better). Once they reach the AHL, they'll start to get the odd NHL game. But, they won't become a true NHL regular until they can dominate in the AHL.

Gaunce hasn't even played a single AHL game. And, he didn't dominate in junior.

So, the only way we'll see him as our regular 3rd line center this year (other than a few games here and there), is if he absolutely destroys it in Utica for a couple months, then gets the call-up for the second half of the year.

We aren't starting the season with Gaunce as our 3rd, especially considering that Schroeder is literally years more advanced (and even Schroeder hasn't lit up the AHL yet, so that explains why he's on the bubble).

My opening line-up would be:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Booth - Kesler - Burrows

Sestito - Richardson - Santorelli (if Weise isn't signed)

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Tanev

Garrison - Corrado

Luongo

Lack

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Schroeder - Kesler - Burrows

Higgins - Gaunce - Hansen/Booth

Booth/Hansen - Santorelli - Richardson

Hamhuis - Edler

Garrison - Bieksa

Tanev - Corrado