The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Opening line-up *NO TRADES*

BieksaSedin

everyone forgets schroeder because he's a pipsqueek. unless you're a 30-40 goal scorer and an absolute all-star like st louis, you aren't going to make a playoff nhl team with that height impairment

might as well leap frog him for gaunce/horvat in depth, and then sell him for assets

I would like to see this:

Sedins-Burr

Booth-Kesler-Higgins

Kassian-Gaunce-Hansen

Jensen-Lain-Richardson

When all 3 were healthy the Amex line was incredible.

Eventually maybe next year I want to see WCE 2.0;

Shinkaruk (Naslund)- Schroeder (BMo) - Kassian (Bert)

Well that's the dream lol.

I would like to see this:

Sedins-Burr

Booth-Kesler-Higgins

Kassian-Gaunce-Hansen

Jensen-Lain-Richardson

When all 3 were healthy the Amex line was incredible.

Eventually maybe next year I want to see WCE 2.0;

Shinkaruk (Naslund)- Schroeder (BMo) - Kassian (Bert)

Well that's the dream lol.

I agree that Burrows needs a demotion at this point in his career, but Booth on the first line? He's never been a legitimate top line player in his time in the NHL, and he's literally on the verge of having to pursue a minor league career. I hope for a bounce back from him, but that's just beyond wishful thinking.

Other than that, and the pairing of two very young D-men, it looks like a playoff team (probably not a 'contending' team). Don't you think Jensen will crack the roster though? He'd replace Raymond, and give a little extra finesse...

Jordan had surgery on his shoulder and is rehabbing it.None of the rookies will be given a spot to start the year.

Santorelli was a 20 goal scorer/41pts. with Booth in Florida.

Richardson has come to the team with the hopes of the third line center position.

Two veteran center men already signed and CDC thinks the team is going to load up with rookies down the middle.

http://metronews.ca/...ine-centre-job/

You guys should seriously calm down with Gaunce. There's ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE he's starting this season on the third line. Wow, it's almost comical how in love some of you are with this kid. Schroeder is vastly more experienced at the NHL level and deserves the nod. Gaunce hasn't even stepped into AHL territory and all of a sudden he's a third liner on Vancouver? ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUS!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Did you guys ever play hockey?? That's not how it works. Coaches and management have to see work ethic, success at the lower level, and professionalism from players. Schroeder has shown all of that. Don't count this kid out already.

Sigh, same old same old on here. Richardson and Santorelli will be the starting 3rd and 4th line centers to begin next season. Barring Horvath / Schroeder just blowing everyone away in camp. Top line will be Sedins and Burr, Kesler Higgins and Booth are likely the second line. then the third is likely to be Hansen Richardson Kassian to start the season with Sestito, Santorelli and possible Ferriero / Gordon / Weise etc on the fourth. That is the most experienced and most likely to be the starting set up for this team. It is possible rookies win spots and push these guys out but they will have to really show they deserve to be there over guys that the GM just brought in. Will it be the same by the mid way mark of the season, likely not but that is how they are likely to start the season.

It's either we sign all the free agents and are successful or we put all the rookies in and are. Both are ridiculous, and the proof is in the pudding.

Plenty of teams try building contenders through free agency, but the most consistent style of winning comes from organization-built talent and some recent good trades/acquisitions.

Gillis will not abandon talent that has been shown to be useful yet could potentially be put on the trading block (higgins, hansen, booth, edler) Those kinds of players have specific roles, and with Gillis moneyball tactics, he's simply looking at what is needed to be put into the forumla to win.

- faceoff winning centers (who have history with our own roster players) = Santorelli, Richardson

- 6/7/8 depth defenceman who are young but capable = (Weber, Guimond, Corrado)

- young depth forwards who can fight/score/play = (DeFazio, Ferrario)

Yes, most are Utica signings, but any good organization that wants to contend has respectable depth. Expect maybe 1 or 2 more Utica signings, or maybe even 1 nhl roster player for our bottom-six.

I think Gillis is doing fine. He's doiing what I want him to do. (trade schneider, build depth, new coaching staff, draft better)

I never really cared about big FA signings, mainly because I passed Grade 8 Math.

Be smart with your money, and trust your direction. I've said this plenty of times already, and I'll say it again; I'm so excited for next season.

Archived