The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Opening line-up *NO TRADES*

BieksaSedin

I have an interesting thought I just thought about where to put Kelser that would make room for Schroeder. This might be the Sedins last year here so it could be a good opportunity to put Kesler on the wing.

Sedin Sedin Kesler

Higgins Schroeder Booth

Burrows Gaunce Kassian

Sestito Richardson Jensen

Santorelli Weise

Having Kesler on the wing with the Sedins.

An all american Line

A checking line with scoring potential and 4th line that is a good checking line as well.

I like the idea of Kesler on Sedin's wing just for the thought of the possible offensive power of the line, however; considering Torts affinity for puck control after faceoffs, I doubt he moves the team's best faceoff man to the wing (or the team's second best faceoff man in Sedin to the wing). This also gives the first two lines some scoring depth (we saw last season how the 2nd line performs sans Kesler).

We as fans know the players better than Torts as we have watched them for far longer. Trying to remove our bias to view the team from Torts' perspective is practically impossible, hell he just might like Kesler on the wing (although I really doubt it). This thread should get bumped once the pre-season is under way.

You know who else has chemistry with Kesler? Booth. I think Kassian is the safer bet to be on the Sedin line. I feel like they play pretty similar games but Kassian is someone who passes more and suits the Sedin's style of play better.

I'm not really sure why you had to make your own thread with this though. Surely there are other threads for predicting the line up that you could have used. It's not like you've used so much creativity that your line up needs to be a stand alone.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Chris Higgins ($2.500m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Jordan Schroeder ($1.200m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Ludwig Blomstrand ($0.750m) / Brad Richardson ($1.150m) / Dale Weise ($0.677m)

Tom Sestito ($0.750m) / Mike Santorelli ($0.550m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Alexander Edler ($5.000m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) / Chris Tanev ($1.300m)

Yannick Weber ($0.650m) /

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

Eddie Lack ($0.750m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,704,833; BONUSES: $125,000

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $720,167

Don't know why so many people are giving Kassian a free pass to the first line. He score a few goals while on the Sedin line, but the twins participation in the goals was minimal. The Sedins didn't play all that well with Kass and improved immediately after Burr was put on their line. At the moment, Kass is not nearly the player that Burr is and does not have the chemistry he has established with the Sedins.

I would like to see him develop his playmaking skills and play alongside Kesler. Ryan would teach him a lot about defensive play as well consistency and playing with toughness and edginess.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Kassian - Schroeder/Gaunce - Hansen

Sestito? - Richardson - Weise? (Apart from Richardson I am not so sure that 4th line can do anything.)

Defense: (No order to the lines just the pairings)

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Tanev

Garrison - Corrado

Luongo

Erikkson (Dont think Lack will be ready with his surgery having been a setback)

"a healthy Booth is a dangerous Booth" I disagree, the only time he is dangerous is in hunting season and unfortunatly only bears and moose need worry.I have not seen anything special from him yet. I hope , I hope , but nothing happens. We are still a one line team plus Kesler. That means a tired one line team after 84 games.

Jordan had surgery on his shoulder and is rehabbing it.None of the rookies will be given a spot to start the year.

Santorelli was a 20 goal scorer/41pts. with Booth in Florida.

Richardson has come to the team with the hopes of the third line center position.

Two veteran center men already signed and CDC thinks the team is going to load up with rookies down the middle.

http://metronews.ca/...ine-centre-job/

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Higgins Kesler Hansen

Booth (Santorelli) Kassian

Weise Richardson Sestito

(Schroeder)

1. Sedins and Burrows - too early to break up, although changes will occur (likely Booth, Kassian swapped in)

2. Elite checking line that can score. These are the three guys you want to lineup against other team's top scorers.

3. Outside of the Sedins, Kassian played best on a line with Booth. Santorelli and Booth played together in Florida and Santorelli said they had some chemistry (the year Santorelli scored 20). I would consider this "scoring line 2", but they will put up less points than the Kesler line, but also play significantly less minutes.

4. Bump and grind - likely a revolving door of players.

Archived