The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Opening line-up *NO TRADES*

BieksaSedin

Let's take a trip back in time to 1994. What a team lineup!

Greg Adams - Trevor Linden - Pavel Bure

Geoff Courtnall - Cliff Ronning - Murray Craven

Martin Gelinas - Nathan Lafayette - Sergio Momesso

Gino Odjick - John McIntyre - Shawn Antoski

Tim Hunter

Defense:

Dave Babych - Jeff Brown

Bret Hedican - Jyrki Lumme

Brian Glynn - Gerald Diduck

Dana Murzyn - Jiri Slegr

Adrian Aucoin

One of our prospects was Mike Peca

This was the projected starting lineup.

Sedin Sedin Kassian

(Its time to play Kassian where he should be, protect the twins, go to the net, and finish like he did in the first 7 games. It also let's them have the full season to work out kinks before the playoffs vs. slotting him in there game 1 of the real season).

Burrows Schroeder Kesler

(Want youth? Want to utilize players who are ready and where they should be? Burrows and Kesler are 2 of our best 2 way players if not. Schroeder will learn a ton from them. Kesler gets on the wing where he should be, playmaking center between 2 guys who can finish. While I'd prefer to have maybe Booth's size on this line, Burrows brings more and needs 2nd line ice. Moreover, he's good in the corners, is a very good playmaker and finisher, and has chemistry with Kesler).

Booth Gaunce Higgins

Richardson Lain Hansen

"a healthy Booth is a dangerous Booth" I disagree, the only time he is dangerous is in hunting season and unfortunatly only bears and moose need worry.I have not seen anything special from him yet. I hope , I hope , but nothing happens. We are still a one line team plus Kesler. That means a tired one line team after 84 games.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian (had a strong start on the Sedin line last year)

Booth - Kesler - Burrows

Higgins - Schroeder* - Hansen

Weise* - Richardson - Santorelli

Hamhuis - Juice

Edler - Tanev*

Mr. Hat - Corrado

Weber

Luongo

Eriksson / Lack (Comes down to training camp)

I think Schroeds is ready for that 3rd line center. He has the puck skills to be there

2nd and 3rd d-pairings will probably get equal time, with the 1st pairing getting the majority.

Sedin Sedin Kassian

(Its time to play Kassian where he should be, protect the twins, go to the net, and finish like he did in the first 7 games. It also let's them have the full season to work out kinks before the playoffs vs. slotting him in there game 1 of the real season).

Burrows Schroeder Kesler

(Want youth? Want to utilize players who are ready and where they should be? Burrows and Kesler are 2 of our best 2 way players if not. Schroeder will learn a ton from them. Kesler gets on the wing where he should be, playmaking center between 2 guys who can finish. While I'd prefer to have maybe Booth's size on this line, Burrows brings more and needs 2nd line ice. Moreover, he's good in the corners, is a very good playmaker and finisher, and has chemistry with Kesler).

Booth Gaunce Higgins

Richardson Lain Hansen

Dream on... that lineup would only happen if all three rookies scored 3 points a game all preseason and 9 game regular season stint.

Gaunce would have to fight and get 3 points and Horvat score 2 or 3 goals a game. Shinkaruk would have to get 4 points a game to stick if they keep the other two.

It's going to be fun to watch the preseason but that just isn't going to happen.

You forgot Booth. And maybe put Schroeder on Horvat's RW

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Shinkaruk - Kesler - Burrows

Higgins/Booth - Horvat - Schroeder

Booth/Higgins - Gaunce - Hansen

Hamhuis - Edler

Garrison - Bieksa

Tanev - Corrado

Luongo

Lack

That's the best possible line up (at least for the first 9 games) we can get without making any more trades/signings IMO.

You guys are something else to think Higgins or Hansen wouldnt be on the second line over Kassian and some rookies that havent proved themselves. I would go with this line up with Booth injured. The 3rd line center role and one winger position is up for grabs. With a cap crunched season Schroeder and Jensen would get a likely look at the 3rd line.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Hansen

Jensen - Schroeder - Kassian

Seisto - Richardson - Santorelli

Sedin - Sedin - Jensen

Burrows - Kesler - Kassian

Booth - Gaunce - Higgins

Sestito - Richardson - Hansen

Weise - Santorielli

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Garrison - Tanev

Edler - Corrado

Luongo

Eriksson

Outside of a 9 game stint I don't see Gaunce, Shinkaruk or Horvat making the team. A player has to be an exceptional talent and dominate junior to skip the AHL. It doesn't happen very often. People were amazed with Skinner, but he was a 7th overall pick with 50 goals in the OHL as a 17 year old. Horvat and Gaunce aren't quite at that level. Shinkaruk put up the numbers but is probably best off developing properly.

Gaunce is two full seasons away, Shinkaruk & Horvat three before we can really start penciling them in the starting lineup.

Archived