Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder or Gilbert Brule?

Sportjunky

Kassian doesn't belong on the first line

Shinkaruk won't make the team

Schroder isn't a 3rd liner so really there is no spot on the team for him

also you seem to be missing booth

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler ________ (jensen or maybe a free agent, brunner)

Higgins Brule Hansen

Santorelli Richardson Sestito

Put Kassian in the minors to develop and get 1st line minutes and maybe he will become a 1st liner in the future

Yeah, you're so brilliant you actually think Shinkaruk has a shot at making the team.   Do you really think they are going to play 4 rookies?  And you don't even mention Jensen, who will make the team as a winger long before either of the two midgets Schroeder and Shinkaruk.

I think Brule would be great on a PTO. I think Schroeder and Brule both are SOL to get into the current line-up without one of them transitioning to wing.

I like the kid, but size is a factor, and Horvat fits better as a third line centre. Schroeder is not yet ready for 2nd line center duties, and is not cut out for grinding, defensive hockey (in my opinion). For this reason, he's tradeable asset, unless he excels as a winger who can take the occasional draw.

Brule is a near identical player, with great potential, but more experience in a grinding role, even if he is not much of a size upgrade. He's a more versatile centreman, with potential for 2nd line scoring, so if there is no transition to wing, he's actually the better fit in my opinion. If they want Brule as a winger, your guess is as good as mine how well he'd fit.

I don't like the idea of giving up on prospects, but if there is good return for Schroeder, and Brule is still near the same player he was, he's a better option at third line center duty (between Schroeder and Brule).

That said, it doesn't necessarily mean it needs to be either/or...a transition to wing for either player might make the other fit in the roster somewhere, especially in the case of injury.

Schroeder has a spot on the team, but as a winger. He didn't look good in the face-off circle, so playing with with Kes and Booth on the second line would be good (sort of a revamped AMEX line). As for 3rd line center, i believe Gaunce has the inside lane there. As for Brule (and Blum (even though he is American)), I would like to see them get a PTO, just to let the old Giants get a chance to play where they realized they wanted to play for a living.

Kassian doesn't belong on the first line

Shinkaruk won't make the team

Schroder isn't a 3rd liner so really there is no spot on the team for him

also you seem to be missing booth

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler ________ (jensen or maybe a free agent, brunner)

Higgins Brule Hansen

Santorelli Richardson Sestito

Put Kassian in the minors to develop and get 1st line minutes and maybe he will become a 1st liner in the future

Schroeder over Brule in a heartbeat. I like Brule, but he's not what this team needs right now. To those saying trade Schroeder should give their heads a good long shake. The kid is only 22 and if Horvat and Shinkaruk make the team here's what I see:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Shinkaruk - Kesler - Burrows

Higgins - Horvat - Schroeder

Richardson - Gaunce - Hansen

So to everyone saying there isn't a spot for Schroeder, think again.

There's more to see with Schroeder but I hate the fact he sucks so much on faceoffs and doesn't play physical. Brule could technically be an upgrade on Schroeder because he has skills, is slightly bigger and is capable of physical play but I hear negative rumors about him off the ice so idk about him...

He's not going to get much better... but maybe a farm/injury signing.. I don't think he should be signed to fill a hole unless he earns it.

I really don't think we want to rush our young guys in - putting 18/19 year olds into the line-up is a real gamble for development, lots of people seem to ignore that. Schroeder should be given a chance imo he looked decent last year

Schroeder isn't likely to be ready for camp anyhow, but even with all his baggage, if Brule can't beat out Schroeder he really should look for a new career. First Blum, now Brule, indicating interest in the Canucks...while Gillis continues to look everywhere but in his own back yard.

There's more to see with Schroeder but I hate the fact he sucks so much on faceoffs and doesn't play physical. Brule could technically be an upgrade on Schroeder because he has skills, is slightly bigger and is capable of physical play but I hear negative rumors about him off the ice so idk about him...

Archived