The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Olympics] OFFICIAL TEAM CANADA 2014 (everything related here please)

Have to agree about St. Louis - that's why my second choice would be to substitute St. Louis for Lecavelier on the second line.

Of all the other guys you mentioned, I would consider probably Carter or Iginla, based on their play on the international stage and clutch ability. However, I would revert back to the big ice - Cammellerri's style of play is better suited for the bigger ice than Carter or Iginla.

As for all the others, Cammallerri has more international experience than most of them, has outperformed many others in clutch situations, or again, is better suited for the bigger ice.

If Alex Pietrangalo makes the cut, it will come at the expense of Jay Bouwmeester, not Dan Hamhuis. Pietrangalo, for one shoots right like Bouwmeester - Hamhuis shoots left. More importantly, Pietrangalo is not as reliable defensively as Hamhuis - he's more of an offensive playmaking blueliner like Bouwmeester, albeit with a physical edge. That being said, the physical edge is not needed in the Olympics, and Bouwmeester has more experience and is a better offensive blueliner. Pietrangalo is good, but not quite good enough yet.

did you just seriously say Bouwmeester is a better offensive blueliner than Pietrangelo? That statement itself is offensive.

Why do people put lopsided top lines - if you have lines like Tavares - Crosby - Stamkos, they might score plenty, but what's going to happen when they lose the puck and someone has to backtrack? Just put two of these guys on your top line and throw in a defensive third winger.

People are high on Price making the team, but honestly, I am anything but sold on him - he is perhaps the most talented goaltender since Hasek perhaps but his playoff track record is lousy.

Again though, my biggest issue is the coaching - nothing against Babcock and his staff, but I strongly feel Trotz and McLean should have been on his staff.

Letang > Seabrook.

I don't think so man.The Hawks wouldn't have made it past the Wings or won the Cup if it weren't for Seabrook.Canada should take these 6 guys: Weber, Doughty, Seabrook, Keith, Boyle, Pietrangelo, Hamhuis.I don't care if PK Subban wins another 5 Norris Trophies, I would take any one of those 7 guys before I take Subban. He's overrated.

Archived