The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lui Changes Agents

MJDDawg

See post above yours.

His long time agent was responsible for getting him this supposed mess of a $64 Million dollar contract. Now after a month of no news on the Roberto front, we learn he has dumped his agent and gone to high profile Barry and Brisson.

Does this indicate that Lui is in the right mindset to come back? Doesn't look like it to me.

I'm sick and tired of the debate over whether Luongo has the right mindset to comeback or whatever. I have respected Luongo all along and never blamed him for the cup loss, I know it wasn't his fault. I still think he can get us 40 wins for the next five years but if he really doesn't want to play for us, then fine. If the reason for changing the agent was to have the agent find a trade deal to get him out of Van, then that's fine go ahead. I don't want a player who is not dedicated to playing for us.

Gilles Lupien just lost his biggest client. He deals mainly with Quebecers.

We can only speculate as to why Luongo made the switch. Probably trade-related promises were made and broken? Certainly Luongo can't complain about the money.

JP Barry represents the Sedins, represented Naslund, Bertuzzi, Sundin, Alfredsson and tons of other players. Do his star clients have a tendency to leave Canadian teams? Coincidence, i'm sure.

I'm sick and tired of the debate over whether Luongo has the right mindset to comeback or whatever. I have respected Luongo all along and never blamed him for the cup loss, I know it wasn't his fault. I still think he can get us 40 wins for the next five years but if he really doesn't want to play for us, then fine. If the reason for changing the agent was to have the agent find a trade deal to get him out of Van, then that's fine go ahead. I don't want a player who is not dedicated to playing for us.

Lol mountain out of a molehill.

None of you know what goes on behind the scenes... For all u know his old agent retired, or theres a personal problem completely unrelated to the Canucks or the last couple years.

Lu will be back better than ever, tired of reading these pathetic comments and negative posts.

Archived