The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where does Kassian fit?

BlueLemming

No foot in mouth here....Kassian was inconsistant after that stint with the Sedins whereas Hansen embraced his 3rd line role and excelled at it. It might be wishful thinking and enticing to have a big guy on the 1st line but Kassian is not playing like a 1st liner....someday maybe but not yet so why rush him?

That's a completely different argument to "Hansen scored 5 goals while playing with the Sedins....so what did Kassian do to compare?" when in reality Kassian did the exact same thing in fewer games until being pulled off that line after not producing for two games in a row.

Everyone can see the inconsistencies, but we can also see the possibilities. I hope Torts has the patience to put him in a top 6 role, and let him find a way to fit in.

randomly saw an old Sharks game with a younger Clowe. He played very similar to the Kassian we've seen when we first got him (11-12 season). Not very good balance, lost a few fights, physical, good puck handling, alright skating. Since then Kassian has gotten better... but less physical. Hopefully he gains some lean mass and becomes the physical behemoth that he was known to be in juniors and that Clowe was two seasons ago.

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen

Burrows-Kesler-Jensen

Higgins-Gaunce-Schroeder

Sestito-Richardson-Weise

Luongo

Kassian

He should play on the first or 2nd line.

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen

Burrows-Kesler-Kassian

Higgins-Gaunce-Booth

Kassian should be on the 1st line. That is why we traded a future 1st line center for him. The problem was AV does not work with anyone he just looks for a fit and goes with it. Trots is gonna make him a star. I know Burrs plays well with the twins but really he produces half as many points without them. His contract is so inflated because of this and I was hoping he would have been traded before his new contract kicked in or bought out. We have plenty of players who will be challenging him over the next couple of years in our system and now he can't be traded.

I would have loved to see a trade of Burrow and Hansen plus a 1st to the flyers for Brayden Shenn and Matt Read. We would've got the help up the middle that we needed and Philly would have filled out there right side. Wow I think I will make a Proposal with this one.

Archived