The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article)NHL goalie rankings: Is Luongo still elite?

naslund.is.king

Individual awards or anything?

I mean, he has won lots of games and has good numbers but he hasn't won any individual awards and only 1 team award (I think). Definitely not a legend. Definitely not a top 3 like someone in this thread seems to think. I mean, he hasn't even won the award for best goalie in the given season how could he possibly be one of the best of all time?

HAHAHAHAHA. That's all I have to say about that.Oh man how these fans overrate the Canucks' players...He hasn't even won a vezina hahha

if he had a winning team in Florida he would have one.

Only Western Goalies to win a Vezina in the last 30 years... Fuhr Belfour Kipper and Bob. It's no secret that the voting for vezina is bias, he could have easily got the nod over Brodeur as Brodeur had the better team that year.

HAHAHAHAHA. That's all I have to say about that.Oh man how these fans overrate the Canucks' players...He hasn't even won a vezina hahha

So i'm assuming Price and Quick suck too cause they "haven't won a Vezina"

1: Lundqvist

2: Quick

3: Rinne

4: Niemi

5: Rask

6: Lehtonen

7: Bobrovsky

8 Schneider

9: Anderson

10: Backstrom

11: Smith

12: Kipper

13: Howard

14: Price

15: Crawford

16: Pavelec

17: Halak

18: Neuvirth

19: Holtby

20: Elliot

21: Nabokov

22: Luongo

All those goalies I would take over Luongo ANYDAY

You've gotta be kidding. Lundqvist, Quick, Rinne, Rask, Crawford, Anderson, Bobrovsky, Smith, and Howard are the only goalies that are currently better than Luongo. Your list is the worst I've ever seen.

I mean, he has won lots of games and has good numbers but he hasn't won any individual awards and only 1 team award (I think). Definitely not a legend. Definitely not a top 3 like someone in this thread seems to think.

Well Jennings counts I guess. But individual awards don't really matter much, all about the Stanley Cup. Some elite players have never won the cup.. Oates, Dionne, Stastny, Perreault, Sittler..

Schneider has proven he is capable of being a starting goaltender. He will be the starting goaltender for the NJ Devils. Schneider is a top 15 goalie in the NHL.

Luongo is not a legend.

What did Schneider prove?

Canucks tried him as a starter - they still lost - so they traded him.

If Luongo wasn't already a "legend", then why do you here people say "please play like the legendary Luongo"????

He hasn't had a chance to start. When Schneider finally gets his chance as the starter he's going to win the Hart, Vezina and Conn Smythe, Jennings. You watch.He's truly an elite goalie if he gets starts.Luongo has proved to be a choker.

Ok. Remember that the bet is on, if Schneider DOESN'T get 40 wins, you change your name, ok?

He hasn't had a chance to start. When Schneider finally gets his chance as the starter he's going to win the Hart, Vezina and Conn Smythe, Jennings. You watch.He's truly an elite goalie if he gets starts.Luongo has proved to be a choker.

Chokers include Niemi, Lundqvist, Kipper, Emery, Price, Fluery, Lehtonen, Rask, Rinne, Nabokov, Howard, Halak, Elliot. Backstrom, Smith, Anderson

/thread...

Well Jennings counts I guess. But individual awards don't really matter much, all about the Stanley Cup. Some elite players have never won the cup.. Oates, Dionne, Stastny, Perreault, Sittler..

Yeah I was counting the Jennings as his one team award, cause he relies on the backup and defense etc. I agree he is elite, but there is a big difference between elite and legendary/top 3 of all time

You forgot the Art Ross. Dear $%%#, I like Schneider, but he's not the next Roy or anything.

Why troll?

No crap, Quick has a cup, but why does Price get all the props?

What records does Price have?

How many records does Lu hold?

/thread

Well, 17th all time in wins, 2nd active leader not to mention he's not slowing down anytime soon

Again, 2nd active in shutouts , also behind Roy by 4. Easily get those next season

5th in all time SV %, AHEAD of Brodeur.

Yeah I was counting the Jennings as his one team award, cause he relies on the backup and defense etc. I agree he is elite, but there is a big difference between elite and legendary/top 3 of all time

So tell me that difference, tell me WHY he's not going to be a legendary goalie when he retires.

Why anyone is responding to the obvious troll is beyond me. Variable's rankings seem to be based on uniform color. In all honesty, I'm just proud of the kid for not only finding his keyboard, but almost typing complete and legible sentences. That has to be hard with that many chromosomes missing.

I like Schneider as much as the next guy, but honest to God I hope he gets lit up this year and New Jersey misses the playoffs while Luongo dominates and takes us to the Cup just so the Schneider lovers and Luongo haters can shut up once and for all.

So tell me that difference, tell me WHY he's not going to be a legendary goalie when he retires.

Because, all he really has had is regular season success. He has a history of choking in the playoffs (so does our entire team I suppose). How can someone that never even won the award for best goalie in the given season (or in the playoffs for that matter), be legendary, or top 3?

Archived