The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article)NHL goalie rankings: Is Luongo still elite?

naslund.is.king

Well, 17th all time in wins, 2nd active leader not to mention he's not slowing down anytime soon

Again, 2nd active in shutouts , also behind Roy by 4. Easily get those next season

5th in all time SV %, AHEAD of Brodeur.

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding

WE HAVE A STARTER!!

Why anyone is responding to the obvious troll is beyond me. Variable's rankings seem to be based on uniform color. In all honesty, I'm just proud of the kid for not only finding his keyboard, but almost typing complete and legible sentences. That has to be hard with that many chromosomes missing.

Truth

You've gotta be kidding. Lundqvist, Quick, Rinne, Rask, Crawford, Anderson, Bobrovsky, Smith, and Howard are the only goalies that are currently better than Luongo. Your list is the worst I've ever seen.

One of those 2 and Price will be Luongos back-up come Olympic times

Why anyone is responding to the obvious troll is beyond me. Variable's rankings seem to be based on uniform color. In all honesty, I'm just proud of the kid for not only finding his keyboard, but almost typing complete and legible sentences. That has to be hard with that many chromosomes missing.

For a while I wasn't sure if he was a troll or just stupid, but this thread proves that he is a definite troll. I gotta give him credit though, cause he really had me going.

Because, all he really has had is regular season success. He has a history of choking in the playoffs (so does our entire team I suppose). How can someone that never even won the award for best goalie in the given season (or in the playoffs for that matter), be legendary, or top 3?

Well, how about he's been nominated and could have easily won it. What is your definition of choking?

Well, how about he's been nominated and could have easily won it. What is your definition of choking?

My definition of choking is taking an opportunity where the odds are stacked in your favor (or your teams favor, for that matter) and underperforming and subsequently squandering your lead or opportunity (LA Series, CHI Series, BOS series).

There is no such thing as almost winning.

My definition of choking is taking an opportunity where the odds are stacked in your favor (or your teams favor, for that matter) and underperforming and subsequently squandering your lead or opportunity (LA Series, CHI Series, BOS series).

Well than the Canucks goal scorers and top 2 lines choked...

Not only did Luongo have to be perfect in net, he had to skate down the Ice and score too...

LA was not an 8th Seed team come the end of that year, they were either 8th or (4th-5th?) it all depended on the last game of that year, that they lost (by 1 goal? OT? Too lazy to look).

Lu has plenty to prove. He didn't win the number 1 back but defaulted into it.

Either he needs to prove it to the fans, the teams that could have had him for nothing or to win the starting job in the Olympics. He's got something to prove somewhere. That's up to him, though and how important he feels it is to him.

Either way, it's not like he isn't talented. While I do believe we lost the better guy all around Lu is far from terrible. It would be in everyone's (including his own) best interests to bear down and stop pucks. Work hard and leave nothing on the ice. No more sound bites for stupid media and hopefully a coach that doesn't leave him in for a shelling.

Oh, and he has a loooong way to go to uproot the legends of all time. I get that some are superfans, but be realistic. Get a few cups and a Vezina and we'll see. As of now he's hard pressed for a HHOF nomination. That doesn't mean I am trying to say he sucks before the scathing retorts come flying in.

Well than the Canucks goal scorers and top 2 lines choked...

Not only did Luongo have to be perfect in net, he had to skate down the Ice and score too...

LA was not an 8th Seed team come the end of that year, they were either 8th or (4th-5th?) it all depended on the last game of that year, that they lost (by 1 goal? OT? Too lazy to look).

I agree. Luongo didn't play well in any of the series I listed, but he wasn't the only problem.

They were 7th or 8th depending on that last game with San Jose.

Chicago series was whatever, defense was brutal. He let in some softies, but who doesn't from time to time?

Don't bring up the B's series.. anyone who does doesn't know crap about hockey. 8 GOALS IN 7 GAMES. You expect him to score? :picard:

We wouldn't have won the LA series regardless, remember how solid Quick was?

One of those 2 and Price will be Luongos back-up come Olympic times

Lu hasn't been named starter and it's not impossible he'll be a backup either. Not that I am predicting anything, but be prepared. Lets see how Lu comes out of camp this year before we call anything good or bad a lock to happen.

Chicago series was whatever, defense was brutal. He let in some softies, but who doesn't from time to time?

Don't bring up the B's series.. anyone who does doesn't know crap about hockey. 8 GOALS IN 7 GAMES. You expect him to score? :picard:

We wouldn't have won the LA series regardless, remember how solid Quick was?

You are making illogical excuses. Chicago series he imploded and got pulled (and no, legendary players don't let in softies in the playoffs and get labeled chokers because of it). 8 goals in one game? Scored on Luongo? It doesn't matter how many goals we scored, we are talking about how Luongo played, and he played awful in Boston. He choked in Boston. It doesn't matter if we would or wouldn't have won the LA series, he didn't play well.

1: Lundqvist

2: Quick

3: Rinne

4: Niemi

5: Rask

6: Lehtonen

7: Bobrovsky

8 Schneider

9: Anderson

10: Backstrom

11: Smith

12: Kipper

13: Howard

14: Price

15: Crawford

16: Pavelec

17: Halak

18: Neuvirth

19: Holtby

20: Elliot

21: Nabokov

22: Luongo

All those goalies I would take over Luongo ANYDAY

See kids this is what happens when your brain is on drugs.

1: Lundqvist

2: Quick

3: Rinne

4: Niemi

5: Rask

6: Lehtonen

7: Bobrovsky

8 Schneider

9: Anderson

10: Backstrom

11: Smith

12: Kipper

13: Howard

14: Price

15: Crawford

16: Pavelec

17: Halak

18: Neuvirth

19: Holtby

20: Elliot

21: Nabokov

22: Luongo

All those goalies I would take over Luongo ANYDAY

This must be a joke :lol:

You are making illogical excuses. Chicago series he imploded and got pulled (and no, legendary players don't let in softies in the playoffs and get labeled chokers because of it). 8 goals in one game? Scored on Luongo? It doesn't matter how many goals we scored, we are talking about how Luongo played, and he played awful in Boston. He choked in Boston. It doesn't matter if we would or wouldn't have won the LA series, he didn't play well.

Fair enough, but you can't solely blame Luongo..

Fair enough, but you can't solely blame Luongo..

I most certainly don't solely blame Luongo. My comment was Luongcentric because that was the topic of our discussion. The entire team choked/underperformed. Hopefully we get some answers this season on what the reasoning for that is.

In Luo,I trust..

This year,is his for redemption.

how so....Cause i posted it???

Its the off season,all thats being posted is signings..and i didn't exactly state how i felt about it either.

No, not because you posted it - I have no idea who you really are - my point was that while I don't care for the article (and would rate it poorly), you on the other hand backed up Luo at the end of it...

Archived