The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article)NHL goalie rankings: Is Luongo still elite?

naslund.is.king

Every goalie from those leagues has a shot of making the NHL. They've all produced world class goaltenders. If they were really "elite" they would be in the NHL collecting 7 mil a year.

And no there's not better goaltenders that simply want to play at home. If they're good enough they'll come to the NHL.

From a technical sense, he's not elite? That's debatable. Yes he is top 15, name 15 other goalies that are better. I think some stats junkies can't look beyond last seasons stats, and it makes it hard for them to analyze anything properly.

and that's just your opinion. And technical ability can only be debated by those with experience and understanding, and sure not many on this board.

and that's just your opinion. And technical ability can only be debated by those with experience and understanding, and sure not many on this board.

Okay well then I think you just admitted that you don't have the experience and understanding to analyze Luongo's technical ability.

Neither do I. So why are we even arguing this point?

Okay well then I think you just admitted that you don't have the experience and understanding to analyze Luongo's technical ability.

Neither do I. So why are we even arguing this point?

And again...how did you come to the conclusion that I admitted to not having experience or understanding? Here's a bigger shovel, did yourself a deeper hole.

And again...how did you come to the conclusion that I admitted to not having experience or understanding? Here's a bigger shovel, did yourself a deeper hole.

Oh so you're an experienced goalie coach or hockey analyst of some kind?

Please explain to me how you have any more experience or understanding to analyze Luongo's abilities than the majority of people on this board...

Please explain to me how you have any more experience or understanding to analyze Luongo's abilities than the majority of people on this board...

Why? Who really cares, it's the Internet he could say he is Alan Bester or even Peter Ing and for all we know he could be.

Stop the puck and win games is the style I prefer.

because I have played goal up to the International level , coached, tutored, all over a span of 43 yrs....and your credentials are what?

because I have played goal up to the International level , coached, tutored, all over a span of 43 yrs....and your credentials are what?

Haha, how convenient.

I'm actually Patrick Roy, so I think I know a little bit more about goaltending. ;)

Yea and I'm Patrick Roy... If you think you are such a great goalie coach (which I strongly doubt), why don't you go apply for the Canucks goalie coach?

The above comments are what make the "what are your credentials?" arguments not worth discussing. Anybody could say whatever they want and whether it's true or not they will be ridiculed for it.

In reality, I am actually Roland Melanson, and I think Luongo stinks in the playoffs. He wont do anything I taught him.

The above comments are what make the "what are your credentials?" arguments not worth discussing. Anybody could say whatever they want and whether it's true or not they will be ridiculed for it.

In reality, I am actually Roland Melanson, and I think Luongo stinks in the playoffs. He wont do anything I taught him.

and that last part sir, is a reality !! All the personal slams but the fact remains, Lou is no longer elite.

• 4 months later...

Archived