The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth Goal over/under

Zoolander

David Booth goal over/under  

243 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

People talk about the young guys, but our real "wild card" this year is Booth - if he stays healthy ( and that's a big if ) our top-6 starts to look very good again.

The fact of the matter is this guy has all the "tools" we're looking for in the top-6 - size, speed, hands and toughness.

In another realm in another time he might have scored 30 maybe even 40 in a full season. But as bionic implants are not readily available his kleenex like durability will limit him to under 20 goals if he can even stay healthy for that long. How this guys continually gets a free pass for crapping tha bed is beyond me.

23 /18 = 41 points.

Look; the Canucks need Booth Kassian and Kesler to return to form (come to form in Kassian's case). That's three pretty physical players who all have all a healthy dose of speed for our top 6?

Whether they score or not depends on how often they actually play with a play maker, puck possession guy > as AV was always bent on having our 3 best play makers on one line... I personally think the Twins should play PP and key offensive shifts (late in game, after a spent 4th line ices the puck) together. Otherwise use two of the world's top 5 forward passer's to get more lines going. Try;

Danny/Kesler/Booth

Burrows/Hank/Kassian

Even dbl shift the Twins a bit if u don't split them, but get more of their sweet saucer passes landing on more potential goal scorers sticks! Booth, Kesler and Kassian all have the potential to be 30, 35 maybe even 40 (Kesler) goal scorers, but need that puck possesion / play making element available to them!

I would be curious to see Booth have a few games with the Sedins to see what happens. I think he provides many of the same kinds of things that Alex Burrows does (speed hard work nose for the net etc) I know Booth is a Left Winger but many people forget that Alex Burrows is also originally a Left Winger and only moved to the right side because obviously he isn't bouncing Daniel Sedin out of his natural position.

This option would also allow Kassian to play with Burrows and Kesler in the top six which would (imo) put less responsibilities on him than if he were with the Twins. I also think that Burrows Kesler Kassian would be a VERY nasty line to play against (especially in the playoffs)

Just my 2 cents. Maybe I'm out to lunch lol

I hate David booth. His flaw in character is undeniable. He tries to convert his own teammates to his religion. Does anyone else see how messed up that is? I am really surprised we didn't buy him out or dump him for a 7th rounder.

Edit: and BTW I have him at scoring 10-14 goals. LOL

Archived