The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 14 GM Connected "Prestige Worldwide" PLAY LEAGUE [XBOX360] (3 TEAMS AVAILABLE)

No, it's not lopsided, he's giving up his future to push hard now, Glenncross & Co weren't getting younger, Plus, Giordano is a lovely -55 on the season, I'm sure that will reflect positively on his rerate, + they just dont fit into my plans, not to mention it leaves me with more room to push in free agency; and considering you were gifted Stamkos and Hedman for a bag of pucks and a fart in the wind, you should really keep your mouth shut about other people's trades, you wouldn't be where you are if it wasn't for the ignorance of previous GM's and GFY's inexperience with regards to running leagues and I assure you - if I had been in the league when I saw To Pit: Stamkos, Hedman, Filps To TBL: Fart in the wind, bag of pucks" I would have raised hell, as much to protect the TBL GM from the vultures as anything else.

This isn't my first rodeo.

You and the other GMs picked alot of these teams clean and took advantage of new GMs, do I blame you? hell no, I did it too when I first started I'm just saying you hurt the league for your own gain and now have the nerve to pick on somebody that is willing to pick up the pieces and try to build a weaker team? Wow, what an outstanding individual you are.

Being gifted Stamkos is a bit of an exaggeration. Also, I can guarantee you that I'd be right atop the league's standings even if I hadn't started with the team I currently have. I got the opportunity to use Pittsburgh through loyalty with this league, and at one point I was in your position; controlling a mediocre team. As for Go Faulk Yourself, he has actually done an excellent job running this league, just like he did back in '13, so that "inexperienced" comment thrown in there is a bit unmerited considering how new you are to the league. The TB GM after the one I dealt with in regards to our Malkin-Stamkos deal ultimately did in that roster, by giving away Malkin for Erat and Laich, not the one I dealt with lol. It's kind of cute how arrogant you come across as being despite being so new to this league and apparently being so terrible at this game as I've been told from a few other GMs. Also, you aren't "picking up the pieces", you're starting with a clean slate of a team, and let me tell you, you're butchering a roster I actually assumed couldn't get much worse. But good thing this "isn't your first rodeo" right? Lol. Melv.

Highly doubt this trade will go through, especially considering you just joined and you've already quit a team once.

The value isn't anywhere near fair and the Commissioner has already stated prospects will be valued quite low.

Didn't quit - was offered a position in the West by GFY early on actually. Decided to switch as much for the untouched roster as anything. At least I knew what I'd be walking into in Calgary.

Being gifted Stamkos is a bit of an exaggeration. Also, I can guarantee you that I'd be right atop the league's standing even if I hadn't started with the team I currently have. I got the opportunity to use Pittsburgh through loyalty with this league, and at one point I was in your position; controlling a mediocre team. As for Go Faulk Yourself, he has actually done an excellent job running this league, just like he did back in '13, so that "inexperienced" comment thrown in there is a bit unmerited considering how new you are to the league. The TB GM after the one I dealt with in regards to our Malkin-Stamkos deal ultimately did in that roster, by giving away Malkin for Erat and Laich, not the one I dealt with lol. It's kind of cute how arrogant you come across as being despite being so new to this league and apparently being so terrible at this game as I've been told from a few other GMs. Also, you aren't "picking up the pieces", you're starting with a clean slate of a team, and let me tell you, you're butchering a roster I actually assumed couldn't get much worse. But good thing this "isn't your first rodeo" right? Lol. Melv.

I've never claimed to be great at the game, experienced, very, skilled...meh. Fun has become more important over time, lol.

and yes, it was very inexperienced of him to allow such an obviously lopsided trade to go through, I stand by that. It's his job as commissioner to make sure that new GMs are looked after properly,- be it being made Assistant GMs - as has been done quite often in the STHS Fantasy league, or being taken in and taught by a member of the community you still have Crosby, Neal, Fleury, Letang, Bennet, Sutter, Despres, you ripped him off. big time. whether you admit it or not is another story. GFY is doing an awesome job, but letting trades like that go through is a mistake.

As for your past - didn't know, good for you, you ripped off the league and ripped on a guy with a weaker team even though you know what it feels like to have a weaker team. Cheers bro, cheers.

I've added a Shutdown defenseman to play with Wideman, I've added Lehner to replace Kipper, who got nothing for calgary in real life

I got rid of a bunch of middle of the pack depth players that aren't pieces you build around, they're pieces you bring in to support your top players.

I still have Cammalleri, Baertschi+ to work around, most of the guys I lost are easy to replace through FA. and considering the cap space I'll have.... that won't be an issue either.

and if I have it my way, I won't be finished yet.

Didn't quit - was offered a position in the West by GFY early on actually. Decided to switch as much for the untouched roster as anything. At least I knew what I'd be walking into in Calgary.

I've never claimed to be great at the game, experienced, very, skilled...meh. Fun has become more important over time, lol.

and yes, it was very inexperienced of him to allow such an obviously lopsided trade to go through, I stand by that. It's his job as commissioner to make sure that new GMs are looked after properly,- be it being made Assistant GMs - as has been done quite often in the STHS Fantasy league, or being taken in and taught by a member of the community you still have Crosby, Neal, Fleury, Letang, Bennet, Sutter, Despres, you ripped him off. big time. whether you admit it or not is another story. GFY is doing an awesome job, but letting trades like that go through is a mistake.

As for your past - didn't know, good for you, you ripped off the league and ripped on a guy with a weaker team even though you know what it feels like to have a weaker team. Cheers bro, cheers.

I've attempted to add a Shutdown defenseman to play with Wideman, I've also attempted to add Lehner to replace Kipper, who got nothing for calgary in real life

I got rid of a bunch of middle of the pack depth players that aren't pieces you build around, they're pieces you bring in to support your top players.

I still have Cammalleri, Baertschi+ to work around, most of the guys I lost are easy to replace through FA. and considering the cap space I'll have.... that won't be an issue either.

and if I have it my way, I won't be finished yet.

I fixed one of those statements you made in there. Also, why are you even keeping up with this argument? I explained why the trade was lopsided, that was all (wasn't even directed at you) then you went after me, despite your lack of influence or knowledge with this league. Don't try to make it seem like an attack. I dislike you now because you're clearly a Melvin, but up until this point I couldn't care less about what you had to say. It's funny, I was just pointing out that I thought Ottawa was getting the better of you.

So just to clear the air on prospects. Other than Mackinnon, and Jones, who are 4.5 Green high end prospects and do move as the years progress (Are basically projects until year 3), other prospects will have little to no value. Especially ones that are -75 OVR. and have less than 4.5 Green.

I also still look @ the trades the same still, as you can win by one player. I don't like seeing someone join the league and dismantle their team in day 1. So I'm going to be VERY strict with what I'm seeing here. Be it someone else who's been the league for a while, it might be different, but I still want to cap trades with NEW GMs.

Could you guys honestly do me a favour?

Come up with a trade involving the players posted that you think would be fair.

If I'm that bad at being a GM, I might as well learn something from you supposed genius'

The pieces I wanted from Otts - Turris, Lehner, Cowen - the rest I didn't really care about.

I cant move Cammalleri, and will unlikely move Baertschi.

Keep in mind, a goalie has to go both ways for the deal to work.

Seriously? The trade is pretty fair value, considering some of the other stuff put through you're gonna to reject this? mfw

New GM. Need to cap trades. Plain and simple. More leeway might've been given if he were a vet but I'm standing pat with that rule. Shouldn't have let new GM's trade at all on deadline day. Was a big mistake on my part.

Also going to go out and say judging by all the trades I've gotten so far. There is no should thing as a rebuild in EA SPORTS NHL. Especially in a league that's 3 years long, MAYBE 4. What I've seen is it's more of a "screw my team up with all these lop-sided trades and realize I screwed up, well, time to quit the league". I've seen enough of that to know where this is going which is why I cap trades with new GM's in the first place.

Please tell me where it makes sense that he's trying to get younger and trade both BRODIE and GALLIARDI? Doesn't make sense at all. Also it's not like Giodano is going to retire. He's definitely better than Cowen. He's also trading Backlund in another trade (Another young player). It just doesn't make sense.

I'll be throwing the keys to the league to BW after this season for trading. Pretty sure I have no more grounds to reject trades after this. I'm too nice of a guy and that's my problem. So I'll leave to someone who's more direct and will go out and reject trades without hesitation. I'll still do the rejecting but I won't be the one deciding what goes through and what doesn't anymore.

Also deadline is delayed cause my trade screen is glitching out in the inbox right now.

Archived