The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 14 GM Connected "Prestige Worldwide" PLAY LEAGUE [XBOX360] (3 TEAMS AVAILABLE)

Could you guys honestly do me a favour?

Come up with a trade involving the players posted that you think would be fair.

If I'm that bad at being a GM, I might as well learn something from you supposed genius'

The pieces I wanted from Otts - Turris, Lehner, Cowen - the rest I didn't really care about.

I cant move Cammalleri, and will unlikely move Baertschi.

Keep in mind, a goalie has to go both ways for the deal to work.

My offer to him was without Glencross, Galiardi, I wanted Baertschi and Gio for Cowen, Lehner + , he wanted to go young and move depth guys, I don't see why everything is based on overall

New GM. Need to cap trades. Plain and simple. More leeway might've been given if he were a vet but I'm standing pat with that rule. Shouldn't have let new GM's trade at all on deadline day. Was a big mistake on my part.

Also going to go out and say judging by all the trades I've gotten so far. There is no should thing as a rebuild in EA SPORTS NHL. Especially in a league that's 3 years long, MAYBE 4. What I've seen is it's more of a "screw my team up with all these lop-sided trades and realize I screwed up, well, time to quit the league". I've seen enough of that to know where this is going which is why I cap trades with new GM's in the first place.

Please tell me where it makes sense that he's trying to get younger and trade both BRODIE and GALLIARDI? Doesn't make sense at all. Also it's not like Giodano is going to retire. He's definitely better than Cowen. He's also trading Backlund in another trade (Another young player). It just doesn't make sense.

I think the CBJ deal was not bad. I would take Johansen over Backlund 10 times out of 10.

I'll be throwing the keys to the league to BW after this season for trading. Pretty sure I have no more grounds to reject trades after this. I'm too nice of a guy and that's my problem. So I'll leave to someone who's more direct and will go out and reject trades without hesitation. I'll still do the rejecting but I won't be the one deciding what goes through and what doesn't anymore.

Also deadline is delayed cause my trade screen is glitching out in the inbox right now.

Ok, can u give us a few mins to work something out at least?

BW is now the one running trades right now cause the screen is messed up for me. He'll decided what goes through and what doesn't.

Yeah you can try to rework it. BW will decide if it's fair or not.

Oh yay my division rival gets to call whether my trade goes through or not.

Not gonna waste my time

What you guys find in GM offline is true, but can be very untrue. Remember I had Conacher in 13? He went up to 86 after being 81. It just depends how much you play the players and how many points you get.

Wasn't in offline. Was in a GM Connected as well. I don't do offline Be A GM to gauge prospects because as you said, it can have different results.

Also doesn't vary on how many points you have or +/-.

EA's potential system is messed up and can be very random.

I'm not really upset with anybody btw, well, accept touchet for butting his nose into things, but, whatever, I just put him on ignore, its easier that way.

Disheartened that my trades weren't put through.

but, stepping back and thinking about it; I get that you're just trying to protect Calgary, basically doing the same thing I was complaining about you guys NOT doing before; and maybe Im not the best GM in the world, I was just trying to unload pieces at the deadline that I A. had no desire to re-sign or have around. B. Add a reliable Goaltender and Dman to work around - step C was Johansen.

Hell, even Touchet I can't really stay mad at - although I do stand by saying you ripped off TBL hardcore, like, badly, like, they need a new butt you hurt them so bad.

Glad I wasted a solid hour working on that trade this afternoon. Cheers guys.

Overall still happy with our deadline acquisitions though, David brings a lot of speed down the wing, Dominic is a fantastic 4c, and Toffoli is one of my favorite young players and should be a blast to play with.

Happy to still have Jared and Robin still in the organization, Cowen will be on a mission to injure Crosby and Stamkos :bigblush:

Glad I wasted a solid hour working on that trade this afternoon. Cheers guys.

Overall still happy with our deadline acquisitions though, David brings a lot of speed down the wing, Dominic is a fantastic 4c, and Toffoli is one of my favorite young players and should be a blast to play with.

Happy to still have Jared and Robin still in the organization, Cowen will be on a mission to injure Crosby and Stamkos :bigblush:

Well he won't be on a mission to actually win, that's for sure lol.

Edit: 5-1 ;)

Archived