The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Smartest Canuck?

Drouin

I take burr... I lean towards hamhuis but the fact burrows has jumped up on many situations at the right time and pulled off something clutch makes me give it to burr.

Hammy is as smart as they come but burr makes every line he's played on better and pulled off all that clutch stuff. It's burr for me

What are you talking about ? AV is the winningest coach in Canuck history - by far. It was time for him to be replaced but he is a former coach of the year winner and he certainly didn't "ruin" the Canucks.

Maybe you should do a little research before you mouth off. Look it up.

Luongo won him that award. How can a guy who does all this be considered an NHL quality coach?

• Playing Ebbett

• Doing a Dr. Recchi impression with Hodgson

• Playing Edler and Bieksa on the same pairing

• Being completely incapable of adjusting strategy in the playoffs

• Letting a slot machine pick the lines

• Letting the players coach themselves

• Not stapling Edler's butt to the bench until his defensive play improves

• Juggling the lines before OT in a game he was facing elimination

• Burning a year of Corrado's ELC due to his irrational hate for Ballard

• Putting the Sedins out in the last minute of a playoff game up by one goal

• Letting Luongo refuse to allow himself to be pulled in Boston

This idiot was a major liability and he should have been fired years ago. I feel sorry for Rangers fans.

agreed on all counts... you can't divorce AV from the Canucks recent successes (2 Presidents, 1 SC Appearance) nor their failures. Perfect? No. Nor was he terrible - in fact he's statistically the best coach this organization has ever had - and I say statistically because it's impossible to prove anything else. It was his time to go, but it's also time to give him his due.

Burrows lol? The only reason he's anybody is because of the Sedins. Give credit where credit is due, the twins are the smartest and craftiest playmakers this game has seen in a long time. Burrows doesn't even compare, he just stands in front of the net and bangs pucks in while playing good PK. The twins are the ones dissecting teams defences and goaltenders. They are the quaterbacks, Burrows is the running back.

Burrows lol? The only reason he's anybody is because of the Sedins. Give credit where credit is due, the twins are the smartest and craftiest playmakers this game has seen in a long time. Burrows doesn't even compare, he just stands in front of the net and bangs pucks in while playing good PK. The twins are the ones dissecting teams defences and goaltenders. They are the quaterbacks, Burrows is the running back.

Archived