The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If it was possible and you had the choice, would you have kept Erhoff and move Edler instead?

TheMohammadman

If you had the choice, would you have kept Erhoff instead of Edler?  

217 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If it was possible and you had the choice, would you have kept Erhoff and move Edler instead?

Erhoff is a really good defense men with a booming shot, a good passer, pp goal scorer, and he has clears the crease when a opposing player is standing in it.

He was really good as you can see here:

Edler is good, I really like him, but I would rather prefer Erhoff right now.

Erhoff's cap hit is ridiculous, but if it wasn't would you want him on our team?

Thoughts?

Gillis wanted to keep him, but the 10 year contract was too long. Buffalo is stuck with him.

I thought he was good for the Canucks, but I like the team's defence better now.

Bieksa - Edler - Hamhuis - Garrison is a solid top 4. They're a tad expensive, but very good.

Looking back and considering they kept AV so long, they should have kept Ehrhoff and gotten rid of Ballard at the time. There was no way with AV they were letting Bieksa or Edler go. And Ehrhoff and Edler were actually an effective pairing. Ballard was never getting a shot so why did they keep him for 3 years anyway?

Letting Ehrhoff go, even if it meant a longer term contract or more money than Bieksa was a huge mistake on the ice. I understand the Canucks might balk at the term he got so financially it makes sense to let him go to some degree.

Ehrhoff's cap hit is not ridiculous at all. His cap hit is pretty good. The term of his contract is ridiculous.

They worked well off eachother. Ehrhoff hasn't been the same since he left VAN and Edler has his most productive year offensively without Ehrhoff.

I'd take Edler still but I miss Ehrhoff's passing IQ on the powerplay. I'd really like us to sign another puck-mover like Liles if he is bought out/traded or for one of our other D-men to step up their creativity on the PP

Ehrhoff seemed a little disinterested at times.

Now, Edler's also been accused of the same but he's just a little lethargic at times...I don't think it's that he isn't invested.

I liked Ehrhoff, but he wasn't without his blunders and shortcomings.

Looking back and considering they kept AV so long, they should have kept Ehrhoff and gotten rid of Ballard at the time. There was no way with AV they were letting Bieksa or Edler go. And Ehrhoff and Edler were actually an effective pairing. Ballard was never getting a shot so why did they keep him for 3 years anyway?

Letting Ehrhoff go, even if it meant a longer term contract or more money than Bieksa was a huge mistake on the ice. I understand the Canucks might balk at the term he got so financially it makes sense to let him go to some degree.

Ehrhoff's cap hit is not ridiculous at all. His cap hit is pretty good. The term of his contract is ridiculous.

Edler puts up as many points, can actually play physical at times, is younger, cost us less than Ehrhoff would have on a shorter deal, and still has room to grow.

The question should be, should we have dumped Ballard when we had the chance and kept Ehrhoff. Then I would say yes.

Definitely keep Erhoff over Edler, The hoff knew how to bring the puck up the ice with speed and contribute on the power play, he had a good offensive IQ playing with the Sedins who in turn had the trust to put the puck where the Hoff could be most effective. And he was good at clearing out the crease as well.

But that was then this is now and we have Edler and I am pretty content with that as he can be an offensive powerhouse when he has his game on. Plus Edler when he does knows how to throw his weight around.

Where is the keep neither option? :P Lol at the OP saying that Ehrhoff has cleared the crease and then shows the only video that exists of Ehrhoff ever doing something of that nature. Ehrhoff clearing a crease a is rarer event than a Crom! post in Canucks Talk.

Archived