The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Post Yo Pet Thread...

Rate this topic

nux4lyfe

On 2018-06-30 at 12:16 PM, debluvscanucks said:

image.png

Junie (Juniper) June Bug  

Rescued as a wee one, she'd been stomped on by asshats, then left for the crows as she bled from her ears and eyes.   Rescuers saw it unfold...were across the park feeding ferals.  They got to her in time and whisked her to safety.   Her front legs were damaged from the stomping, and would remain splay.

We got her when she was strong enough to be moved.  She was kept in a playpen at first and, from the start, was a vibrant, playful, beautiful soul.  She did not wear the scars of being abused on her heart, as she showed us nothing but pure jo from day one.  I learned how to be a trooper from her.

She had a boyfriend, who misses her so.

After five years of the absolute best years with her, she got sick at Christmas.  We weren't too worried...an eye infection but it was awful medicating her.  Goop ON her eyeballs, twice a day.  Followed by syringes of probiotics and other things.   We had to constantly be "at" her, but it was in her best interest so we trudged on.

She was so brave, eating right up until she took a turn for the worse...I just sensed she had.  And, she had.

Damn cancer.  It was awful to lose her...after subjecting her to two months of stuff, it wasn't enough in the end. 

I miss everything about her.  She was sweet and ran to me each day when I got home from work.  Would binkie four feet straight up into the air she was so happy.  Run laps around the room...she loped like a seal on slow speed but damn, when she kicked it into high gear she was a Donovan Bailey sprinter.

RIP my beautiful June Bug.  It's been 4 months without you but my heart's still raw.

Wow, Deb. Just awful to read what happened to that creature.

Stomping a bunny?!

I’m proud of you for what you did for it. You’re good-people. 

• Like 1
On 6/30/2018 at 12:16 PM, debluvscanucks said:

Junie (Juniper) June Bug  

Rescued as a wee one, she'd been stomped on by asshats, then left for the crows as she bled from her ears and eyes.   Rescuers saw it unfold...were across the park feeding ferals.  They got to her in time and whisked her to safety.   Her front legs were damaged from the stomping, and would remain splay.

We got her when she was strong enough to be moved.  She was kept in a playpen at first and, from the start, was a vibrant, playful, beautiful soul.  She did not wear the scars of being abused on her heart, as she showed us nothing but pure jo from day one.  I learned how to be a trooper from her.

She had a boyfriend, who misses her so.

After five years of the absolute best years with her, she got sick at Christmas.  We weren't too worried...an eye infection but it was awful medicating her.  Goop ON her eyeballs, twice a day.  Followed by syringes of probiotics and other things.   We had to constantly be "at" her, but it was in her best interest so we trudged on.

She was so brave, eating right up until she took a turn for the worse...I just sensed she had.  And, she had.

Damn cancer.  It was awful to lose her...after subjecting her to two months of stuff, it wasn't enough in the end. 

I miss everything about her.  She was sweet and ran to me each day when I got home from work.  Would binkie four feet straight up into the air she was so happy.  Run laps around the room...she loped like a seal on slow speed but damn, when she kicked it into high gear she was a Donovan Bailey sprinter.

RIP my beautiful June Bug.  It's been 4 months without you but my heart's still raw.

Damn, that's nasty.  Too many a-holes out there.

Nicely done, and glad you got to share some great times with her.  Sorry to hear the sad news!

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

This is Sally playing with her 2 kitty nip toys I got her last week, and her on the stove.  She wanted her kitty treats and knows they are up high.  If I put them in a lower cabinet, she will try to pry the cabinet open. She loves her kitty treats! We used to have a pet sitter, and the pet sitter left the kitty treat bag with treats in it sealed on the coffee table.  She came back in the Evening, and the treats were gone with bite marks all over the bag.

Screenshot_2018-12-28-21-45-42-1.png.9a82c63535d50c1f675782328895cc0a.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This here is Gilly the $1000 kitty. She has food sensitivity and allergies and she legit just cost TS and I $1000 in vet bills.... get pet insurance people  or this can be you!

Gilly is a bit of a spoiled princess before this even and is so worth every penny.

20190303_081023.jpg

Edited by AppleJack
  • Upvote 2
19 minutes ago, AppleJack said:

This here is Gilly the $1000 kitty. She has food sensitivity and allergies and she legit just cost TS and I $1000 in vet bills.... get pet insurance people  or this can be you!

Gilly is a bit of a spoiled princess before this even and is so worth every penny.

20190303_081023.jpg

I agree!  When Sally was 10, she was diagnosed with diabetes.  It was a $1,500 vet bill.  She was kept overnight and ran tests on her.  A few years ago Sally had some teeth removed due to the diabetes, and it was almost $900.  And that's not including the vet appointments, house calls, insulin, and pet sitting.  Sally is almost 14.  She is in remission from the diabetes.  She has kidney disease, which is common for older pets.  There's not much I can do to stop the progression, but there are things I can do to help slow it down  Sally is my pride and joy.  I've had her since she was 6 weeks. 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, brilac said:

I agree!  When Sally was 10, she was diagnosed with diabetes.  It was a $1,500 vet bill.  She was kept overnight and ran tests on her.  A few years ago Sally had some teeth removed due to the diabetes, and it was almost $900.  And that's not including the vet appointments, house calls, insulin, and pet sitting.  Sally is almost 14.  She is in remission from the diabetes.  She has kidney disease, which is common for older pets.  There's not much I can do to stop the progression, but there are things I can do to help slow it down  Sally is my pride and joy.  I've had her since she was 6 weeks. 

Iam glad Sally is in remission from Diabetes and I hope you are able to keep her as healthy as you possibly can in regards to her kidney issues.

We were shocked  how fast Gillys vet bills  added up.

These kitties snuggle their way into our hearts and then take over Gilly will be turning 8 this summer so she is getting up there in age as well.

We have pet insurance now, which isnt cheap for two cats, but its better then not being able to provide them with vet care at all.

Gilly gave us quite a scare in January when she ate some chicken jerky cat treats  that Santa Claws had brought them for catmas.  shes was vomiting blood and I was half convinced we would lose her and it made me realize just how precious these little kitties are.

Thankfully she was okay and we just got a very big vet bill and have to keep her on a limited ingredient diet

Or a premiumbfood for  food senstivity. We are in the process of switching them over from Hills D/D to Open farm. Hills just killed a bunch of doggos because of the vitamin D recall and so I forced our vet to give us other food options he suggested another brand called Rayne but it was to expensive. Our vet friend reccomend Open Farm when we told her we wanted to switch the cats food and Gillys vet okayed it. 

• Upvote 1

Sally takes any opportunity she can to jump in the closet.  Her new thing is jumping.  She used to not jump up higher than the couch, but it is her new thing, especially jumping on the counter trying to pry the cabinet open to get her kitty treats, as seen in the second picture.

IMG_20190324_135620732.thumb.jpg.9f53c7b7dc29fb17e70f7d6283d77551.jpg

IMG_20190311_221734710.thumb.jpg.f6851be2a0fc1293de9efa8e621babdd.jpg

Edited by brilac