The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Post Yo Pet Thread...

Rate this topic

nux4lyfe

7 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

The things we do for our furry friends...

My dog has some leaking anal glands. I’ve had to wipe my human sized dog’s larger-than-human-sized butthole and apply zinc cream. The kicker- latex gloves gave him a rash so I’ve had to do it with my bare hand. 

You sir, are a quality human being! I think you just described love...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
On 2018-04-03 at 11:53 PM, Sean Monahan said:

The things we do for our furry friends...

My dog has some leaking anal glands. I’ve had to wipe my human sized dog’s larger-than-human-sized butthole and apply zinc cream. The kicker- latex gloves gave him a rash so I’ve had to do it with my bare hand. 

Wow!

ok Sean you need to look into non latex gloves though man!

just think about it at least.:P

1 hour ago, riffraff said:

Wow!

ok Sean you need to look into non latex gloves though man!

just think about it at least.:P

Haha is there such a thing? In a disposable format, st least. 

I’m taking the big guy to the vet this morning so hopefully it gets sorted out. Part of me hopes he gets a cone cause I think he’d look hilarious. 

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Kragar said:

Here's our poor puppy.  This was taken after the final game with the Oilers, prepping for her nightly walk.  She was born about within a year of the Sedin's starting with the Canucks, and sadly, she is "retiring" later today.  She has been dealing with dementia for some time now, and her quality of life has gotten to a point where it's time.

A few years back, worried that our poor ol' critter was cold at night, my wife made some shirts for her.  It was only natural to use one of my old Canuck shirts for the wardrobe.

She's been a feisty ol' puppy and had a long, healthy life, but it's not fair to ask her to hang on any longer.  She's been such a big part of our lives, more than I could have imagined (it's the first time I owned a dog), and she'll be so missed.  But, it is time.

Thanks for everything, Chloe-dog, you sweet puppy.

20180407_225039[1].jpg

Sincere condolences Kragar.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
5 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

@Kragar

Sorry to hear about your pup. It really is like losing a member of the family. It sounds like she’s lived a happy life and you’re doing the best thing for her. 

1 hour ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Sincere condolences Kragar.

Man, it was hard.  We were so ready for this to happen, and I'm sure Chloe was too.  But it is so hard.  It gets easier now... the good memories live on, and any pain and discomfort is gone.

Thanks for your support, guys!

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Screenshot_2018-06-29-16-57-44-1.png.522f40763094fa6b52788f14e4aff33b.png

So my little precious cat Sally Jayne turns 13 tomorrow, and today during lunch, I went to the pet store, and bought her this fold down thing that looks like a dog house, 2 of her favorite cat nip toys, and kitty treats.

The other bag is on the counter, but this bag, I put it down, and she knew it was for her, and keeps meowing wanting it!

Full disclaimer:

I’ve always been a big advocate for “adopt, don’t shop” but I just didn’t think it made sense to bring in another more mature dog with potential social issues. My big guy has some social problems as it is. I thought I’d be better served getting a pup who won’t come in and butt heads with him (he’s good with babies, human or adult) and won’t have bad habits I need to correct. He met her today and liked her. She was good with him and he with her.