The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's Your Favorite Beer?

Guest Gumballthechewy

this is another one i like from every now and then

5892692984_3c9c1ee8f1.jpg

it is pretty bitter at first but it's got a sweetish, refreshing finish

and another seasonal (depending on where you shop, available year round almost) :wub:

nut-brown-box.jpg

Dead Frog seems to get it right with all their beers.

Seasonal: The Herminator from Vancouver Island Brewery only available around Christmas time and very very good. Hard to find off the island.

Here's something completely different I tried. The most unique beer I've had in ages:

img_1440.jpg?w=658

http://www.left4beer...alt-spring.html

Spring Fever Gruit (Salt Spring)

Huh, so a gruit eh? This one is hard, how does one evaluate a beer style you rarely get to taste? Perhaps we should discuss what a gruit is. That is simple: "gruit" refers to a mixture of herbs that is used to help bitter the sweet wort in beer making. This was how beer was made prior to 1000CE. It terms of world history, hops are a relative new comer.

I had to chance to sample this beer twice tonight. The variety in cask at Clive's Classic Lounge had a tad more cinnamon flavours. Then I had a bottle at home to sample. We stared at this glass a long time, all hesitant to talk about it. It was different. In some cases, different is good.

Here's something completely different I tried. The most unique beer I've had in ages:

http://www.left4beer...alt-spring.html

I tried their dry porter back in April, and it was pretty good.

547177_10151373090127601_1482635984_n.jpg

Guinness is nice. But there has to be a little unknown gem not too many people know about

See above, or anything of the speciality beers you can buy, like Granville Island's chocolate imperial stout they put out last Christmas. Also, Driftwood's Blackstone porter or something like Maudite/Trois Pistoles from Unibroue are very good choices, but it doesn't get any darker than Guinness.

Archived