The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's Your Favorite Beer?

Guest Gumballthechewy

where did you get the amboise > :D

Ditto! I'm going to check my local signature store to see if they have it - it's that good!

EDIT: yup, the BCLC signature store had it sitting right by the front door, in a 4 pack like I'd seen before. I also picked up a chestnut ale from Whistler Brewing and an Oloroso Ale from Innis & Gunn.

where did you get the amboise > :D

Ditto! I'm going to check my local signature store to see if they have it - it's that good!

EDIT: yup, the BCLC signature store had it sitting right by the front door, in a 4 pack like I'd seen before. I also picked up a chestnut ale from Whistler Brewing and an Oloroso Ale from Innis & Gunn.

Yupp, It was sitting right in the front @ the BC liquor store, Brentwood mall to be exact! Came in a 4-pack.

Yupp, It was sitting right in the front @ the BC liquor store, Brentwood mall to be exact! Came in a 4-pack.

I went to the Westwood store by Coq Center, so that's a good sign most of them will have it. It's currently chilling in my fridge for tomorrow's game.

I went to the Westwood store by Coq Center, so that's a good sign most of them will have it. It's currently chilling in my fridge for tomorrow's game.

Was delicious man, I should have grabbed more cause apparently they sell out fast....I was also tempted to grab a case of the chestnut ale, but not a big fan of Whistler brewing from previous beers I've tried..let me know what ya think. cheers!

oh and verdict - ST-Ambroise pumpkin over the Red Racer pumpkin any day.

I guess Howe Sound just came out with their seasonal pumpkin beer too, was in the Signature LCBC today here in Vic and they had cases of it up by the register, $8.50 for a 1L resealable bottle. I tried it last October and liked it alright, but I'm not the biggest pumpkin fan in general/

I guess Howe Sound just came out with their seasonal pumpkin beer too, was in the Signature LCBC today here in Vic and they had cases of it up by the register, $8.50 for a 1L resealable bottle. I tried it last October and liked it alright, but I'm not the biggest pumpkin fan in general/

Heard great things about that beer, Their getting 60 cases @ the Brentwood BCLC liq store tomorrow.

Was delicious man, I should have grabbed more cause apparently they sell out fast....I was also tempted to grab a case of the chestnut ale, but not a big fan of Whistler brewing from previous beers I've tried..let me know what ya think. cheers!

oh and verdict - ST-Ambroise pumpkin over the Red Racer pumpkin any day.

I haven't tried every pumpkin beer out there (I saw several that I hadn't tried before and still have the Fernie pumpkin in my fridge to try as well) but the St Ambroise is the best of the ones I have. Some have too much of that fall spice, and some only a weak pumpkin flavour, but the St Ambroise was well balanced and flavourful while being a good beer to boot.

I picked up two after only getting the one last time and not seeing it since. I'll post the results here when I try the other two I picked up as well.

Granville Island Hefefiezen. Almost tastes like Bananas. Best limited to one or two after a long day, or just hanging outside in the summer.

12231_GIB_RobSt_HEF_GlassBtle_wht.jpg

Also drank Kronenbourg 1664's religiously when I was in France. Very smooth. They don't seem to be quite as good back home though, but still very good. Plus they come in Tall Boys!

However, being a relatively cheap person, I usually just go and by myself some MGD when I plan on drinking more than a few at any given time.

I've got a FB album where I post the different beers I drink, and here's my write up on the chestnut ale:

Another from Whistler Brewing, this one's a chestnut ale. I've been sick so my taste buds are off a bit but you can taste the caramel malts to go with the flavor of roasted chestnuts. Not much in the way of hops, there's definitely an old fashioned Christmasy feel to this beer. It's good but not one I'd drink regularly.

1376346_10151658393517601_1000884696_n.jpg

Gotta try that. As my name suggests, I love Howe Sound's beers; haven't tried one that I didn't really enjoy.

After a good second period, had to crack a second beer and went for the St Ambroise pumpkin - it's as good as I remember!

As with the apricot ale, I like a beer that is good to start with but also has a good balance between the beer and the flavours used. Some beers just add flavour and it's either too weak to have much effect or overpowers the beer. These ones might have a little stronger taste than some would like, as I'd think most people just want beer and not the extra stuff, but that's my take on it.

Archived