The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's Your Favorite Beer?

Guest Gumballthechewy

I am the white trash of beer drinkers. Don't like watermelon, pumpkin or seaweed taste to my beer. Green tea or sifted sand. Like beer beer...crappy old Kokanee, Canadian or Caribou. Cheap and cold. When did beer turn into something else? Can I still hang here?

I am the white trash of beer drinkers. Don't like watermelon, pumpkin or seaweed taste to my beer. Green tea or sifted sand. Like beer beer...crappy old Kokanee, Canadian or Caribou. Cheap and cold. When did beer turn into something else? Can I still hang here?

I understand why someone wouldn't like apricot or pumpkin beer. I don't really like either, myself.

But one thing I TOTALLY don't understand is why some people don't even bother to TRY new stuff? I generally skip out on fruit flavoured beer, but there's just so much to choose from, why not branch out? Try something new?

There's loads and loads and loads of "traditionally" flavoured beer out there, Deb, and it's all brewed in our backyard, by local people using local ingredients, and a lot of it gets a lot of praise and recognition, not only locally, but internationally as well. Why not try some?

I actually do...the people around me are constantly bringing in all types of beer. I'm actually venturing outside of my comfort zone, but nothing has really done it for me (yet). They tend to have the fruity/weird stuff and it hasn't worked for me at all.

I actually do...the people around me are constantly bringing in all types of beer. I'm actually venturing outside of my comfort zone, but nothing has really done it for me (yet). They tend to have the fruity/weird stuff and it hasn't worked for me at all.

I'd suggest something simple and clean then, like the Stanley Park Brewery Pilsner or Amber Ale.

268291_10150243269972601_141272_n.jpg

The pilsner is a favourite of mine, no crazy flavours or heavy hops or aftertaste, just a clean, simple beer that's great cold on a warm day.

one of the 'meh' pale ales .__. GI is better, but piper's from VIB is great

i highly recommend seedspitter omg this was great. thanks whoever suggested it, since i only had gypsy tears and the milk stout from parallel 49

I think i'm going to try it tonight.

Thanks Elvis...will definitely give that one a go.... :)

I drink a lot of different kinds of beers, and they certainly aren't all normal to say the least, but a good pilsner is often overlooked as a better version of the Molson/Labatt's products. Lagers and pale ales get most of the attention for craft beers. That's a good local beer though, and there are plenty of excellent European pilsners that are very, very good and don't have an overbearing taste or strange flavours.

one of the 'meh' pale ales .__. GI is better, but piper's from VIB is great

i highly recommend seedspitter omg this was great. thanks whoever suggested it, since i only had gypsy tears and the milk stout from parallel 49

Seedspitter is super good. Have you tried Old Boy?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived