The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The non-sexual thread

avelanch

Crab is amazing too Av, have you had Monkfish? It will blow you away. BC Spot prawns are only around for a couple months a year but are friggen fantastic! My old chef made a spot prawn recipe in the ocean wise cookbook with Willie Mitchell a few years ago. Any crustacean is pretty much delicious

Crab is amazing too Av, have you had Monkfish? It will blow you away. BC Spot prawns are only around for a couple months a year but are friggen fantastic! My old chef made a spot prawn recipe in the ocean wise cookbook with Willie Mitchell a few years ago. Any crustacean is pretty much delicious

BC Spot prawns? Hmm.. I'll have to google that. why are they only around for a couple months out of a year?

EDIT: ahh.. just googled them. so THAT's what they're called! when i was growing up, we used to drive down to camp in deception pass and along the way pick up some spot prawns from the seafood shops along the way. was the best part of the trip - peeling and snacking on the shrimp.. er spot prawns.

Guest Gumballthechewy

i think it would taste like the rest of the whale, but i've never had whale before, so i can't comment on the taste.

I've eaten whale before, I think it was bad though because it tasted like spoiled tuna....

My favourite seafood is marlin, mmmmmm, I love that sport fish!

i've always wanted to try spot prawns, but the price always scared me away :P Never had monkfish, but it's definitely on my food based bucket list

new nonsexual topic!

when you eat out, are you messy (crumbs all over the table, sauce on the tablecloth, etc) or are you neat and tidy (all the sauce stays on the plate, no crumbs, everything neat and tidy)?

I'm messy as hell because i go to town on the meat. sauce gets EVERYWHERE!

bonus topic: where do you like to eat out the most?

I like to eat out on the beach. for some reason it just tastes better outside.

new nonsexual topic!

when you eat out, are you messy (crumbs all over the table, sauce on the tablecloth, etc) or are you neat and tidy (all the sauce stays on the plate, no crumbs, everything neat and tidy)?

I'm messy as hell because i go to town on the meat. sauce gets EVERYWHERE!

bonus topic: where do you like to eat out the most?

I like to eat out on the beach. for some reason it just tastes better outside.

I'm not messy when I eat. nor should anyone be after the age of 10.

I don't like seafood...just plain don't like it. I wish I did, as there's plenty of supposedly really "good" stuff out there (especially living on the coast) but it just does not taste good to me. I keep trying it though!

My wife really enjoyed her Lemon and roasted garlic crusted halibut she had at Araxi in Whistler Monday night. I even tried a taste of her Spicy Albacore tuna roll hors d'oeuvres as she was raving about it. I wouldn't starve if that's all I had but it still wasn't "yumm" for me. I got the risotto... but made with chicken...lol

http://www.araxi.com/

Archived