The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler on the top line next season?

Angry Goose

This is my unpredictable move for next season.

What do you think? My intuition is that the top line would be strong in both ends of the rink. All three players have excellent chemistry with each other. My only concern is whether Henrik could play wing of if Kesler would be better suited at the wing position? I know we are all used to kesler being the primary seconday centre, but I think it could be really interesting to see VAN stack their top line.

Schroeder could/maybe centre the second alongside Burrows/Booth/Kassian/Higgins and still provide secondary scoring. Schroeder would benefit having better offensive players on his wings, but could he handle second line minutes and defense? My hope is he can step up this year and do that.

The bottom 6 would still be very defensively responsible, especially a third line of Hansen/Richardson/Higgins assuming these responsibilities.

I guess the idea is dependent on Schroeder stepping up and playing second line minutes. That is a big if I must admit.

Who knows what crazy plans Torts has up his sleeve. I'd like to see Kes stay on the 2nd tho.

My line-up game 1 would be

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Booth-Kesler-Jensen

Burrows-Schroeder-Hansen

Higgins-Richardson-Weise/Gaunce

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Tanev

Garrison-Corrado

Luongo

Lack

I don't like the idea, it leaves us with very little depth and secondary scoring. Guys like Schroeder,Booth, Kassian, Hansen and Higgins aren't consistent enough to play on the second line. I'd rather split up the Sedins than stack the top line, our forward depth is weak as it is.

Yeah it would be a disaster if there was no secondary scoring, but in the pre-season at least I think it would kind of fun/re-freshing to see a new look second line or as has been mentioned Burrows/Kesler playing together. But boy-o-boy Kesler and the Sedins would rule together.

Who knows what crazy plans Torts has up his sleeve.

We do. Torts has already said he'd like to put Burrows and Kesler back together.

That's not to say that couldn't change, but this has been suggested before (and recently) but it's just not going to happen. Either Burrows ends up back with the Sedins, or Kassian finds a home there.

Who knows what crazy plans Torts has up his sleeve. I'd like to see Kes stay on the 2nd tho.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Booth-Kesler-Jensen

Burrows-Schroeder-Hansen

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Tanev

Garrison-Corrado

Luongo

Lack

Or maybe Torts isn't AV where all the lines are going to be put in the blender every other shift?

This is my unpredictable move for next season.

What do you think? My intuition is that the top line would be strong in both ends of the rink. All three players have excellent chemistry with each other. My only concern is whether Henrik could play wing of if Kesler would be better suited at the wing position? I know we are all used to kesler being the primary seconday centre, but I think it could be really interesting to see VAN stack their top line.

Schroeder could/maybe centre the second alongside Burrows/Booth/Kassian/Higgins and still provide secondary scoring. Schroeder would benefit having better offensive players on his wings, but could he handle second line minutes and defense? My hope is he can step up this year and do that.

The bottom 6 would still be very defensively responsible, especially a third line of Hansen/Richardson/Higgins assuming these responsibilities.

I guess the idea is dependent on Schroeder stepping up and playing second line minutes. That is a big if I must admit.

No chance Kesler would be Centre if he played with Henrik, no chance at all

Torts did say he would put Kesler and Burrows back together so maybe we could see something like this?

Sedin - Kesler - Burrows

Booth - Sedin - Kassian

I think that top six could work.

I always wanted to see a stacked physical line as our top line;

Daniel/Kesler/Booth An unbelievable passer, one of the worlds best (and most physical) 2 way centre's, and Booth a 217 lb beast athlete. Oh, 3 guys each who each could and probably would score 30 goals. Danny would get Booth and Kess rockin.

Why not Kassian?

Burrows/Hank/Kassian Kassian would add muscle to two of the niftiest and smartest players in the game. He could not help but learn the game and might score 30 as well...

Daniel/Kesler/Booth An unbelievable passer, one of the worlds best (and most physical) 2 way centre's, and Booth a 217 lb beast athlete. Oh, 3 guys each who each could and probably would score 30 goals. Danny would get Booth and Kess rockin.

Why not Kassian?

Burrows/Hank/Kassian Kassian would add muscle to two of the niftiest and smartest players in the game. He could not help but learn the game and might score 30 as well...

This is pretty interesting, as well.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Booth-Kesler-Jensen

Burrows-Schroeder-Hansen

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Tanev

Garrison-Corrado

Luongo

Lack

Don't like the D pairings, Garrison is not a 3rd line D-man and Tanev is not physical enough to be on the 2nd with Edler. Pairings will probably be Hammer/KB3-Edler/Garrison-Alberts/Tanev/Corrado with Webber as spare.

Why not Kassian?

Add to the fact that Hank and Burr have unbelievable chemistry together. Hmmm... I like this.

Why not Kassian?

I usually don't like these jumbled lines (especially with the twins apart), but this actually has potential. What better way then this to get Booth going again as well

Archived