The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Leafs, Kadri remain far apart in negotiations

Wrong thread? Looking for something to pounce on? Does it even matter?

Well anyway, seeing how you asked... I very much dislike Ryan Kesler. Sorta how I dislike Tiger Woods, except in Kesler's case I've had the dubious "opportunity" to see the fellow, and how he is with others, in real world face-to-face situations (whereas with Woods, it's exclusively guess work without the personal experience).

But if you asked me what I think of Kesler as a hockey player generally or as a Canuck asset specifically, you'd get a very different answer. That's because, despite what I think of him overall, I respect that he plays with heart and ego on his sleeve. Not everyone can have elite skill, but Kesler makes up for not being a Sedin in the skill department with the heart and ego combo.

Notice I said "respect" though - I don't "like" Kesler's ego, I respect it. Heck, I even admire it at times (like when I'm choked reading about yet another "nice" Canadian who can't just admit to actually wanting to win in life!).

So what do I think of Kesler? I dislike the guy, but he's a solid Canuck asset which hopefully this coming season the Canucks coach won't squander by needlessly over playing during the reg season.

Dunno? Don't you think the successful teams have all sorts of talents and characters? All things being equal and presuming that the after math of the Hodgson trade included baseless and otherwise unnecessary negative commentary from Gillis, then I'd guess Canucks would have been better off keeping both Kesler and Hodgson. In an ideal world, Canucks would have both these characters going forward. Oh well.

As for Kadri...

Archived