The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What players would you want the Canucks to offer a tryout contract?

It's a process

Im still hoping we sign Latendresse. I dont know why he isnt signed yet by anyone..

6'2'' 230lb and only 26 years old. Not afraid to use his size either.

Surely you guys remember how good he was on Minny of few years ago (25goals in 55games).

Top 10 goals with the Wild:

Dangles and scores vs Canucks:

Physical play:

Im still hoping we sign Latendresse. I dont know why he isnt signed yet by anyone..

6'2'' 230lb and only 26 years old. Not afraid to use his size either.

Surely you guys remember how good he was on Minny of few years ago (25goals in 55games).

Top 10 goals with the Wild:

Dangles and scores vs Canucks:

Physical play:

Allen York, Marco Cousineau, Jamal Mayers, Stefan Della Rovere, Chet Pickard, Colton Gillies, Alex Hutchings. So most of these guys are under 25 years old other than Mayers. They still have room to improve and haven't reached their potential, I'm a fan of signing young guys as Gillis does.

It's hard to say because we don't know which players would interested in a tryout but if these players are still unsigned, I would give em a tryout

Hainsey - to push Alberts for 3rd pair spot with tanev and insurance if corrado isn't ready full time duties

Lombardi - not the player he was 3-4 years ago but in a controlled environment I think he can still be an effective bottom six checker

Steckel - doubt he will be unsigned but I'd throw him in the mix with Schroeder, gaunce, horvat, lain, Richardson and santorelli for the 3rd or 4th line center positions because the worse possible thing for the Canucks would be too rush one of our prospects

Smithson - competition for Schroeder for the 13th forward spot

Garon (just in case lack isn't ready)

NOTE: remember in recent years the Canucks give out too many tryouts and don't get to see their own players enough on the ice so I would cap it 1-2 players overall (besides a goalie)

Would love to see Morrison get another shot. He played great during his last tryout, but of course MG decided to sign Schaefer over him :picard:

His best days are behind him, but he could play a good veteran depth role. Playing back in Vancouver could re-ignite his fire. Plus, Torts could possibly make him play with more intensity.

We've got nothing to lose by giving him a tryout.

Archived