The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gallagher: Time for Luongo to cut the diva routine

canuckbeliever

How do you know it "clearly bothered him"? I didn't see that. I just saw a joke, which is a healthy way of responding to petty little crap like that.

I disagree but at least can understand the "he should have left it alone" attitude. But why would doing something bigger be better? Wouldn't that just stir up the drama even more?

I disagree. For starters, I don't think he should be hiding out and limiting himself because of other people's actions. Plus, he's going to be here so he needs to not only (further) develop an ability to deal with the brutal local media, but to be able to show that he's not being mentally broken down by it.

The media here is nothing but a bunch of jealous little bullies and letting them keep him from being himself isn't going to help him or the team.

Yeah, I could see it being seen as a reply. But at least it was a proportional reply. Doing something bigger would have only made something bigger out of it than it was. As it stands, on a few of us will likely even know about the tweet but hopefully Luo will feel better if he was upset.

I think keeping it light and letting stuff roll off his back is how he needs to deal with it. Make a joke and then move on.

I'm not sure it counts as hiding out.

Look, it's been general wisdom in sports not to read the dailies for over a hundred years. It's just an old fashioned common sense thing. He doesn't need to be aware of every little online jab/joke/photo/speculation that is circling out there.

My feeling is that Lou thinks about too much stuff too deeply. His brain gets too cluttered. He gets broken down by it because he cares about what is said about him. He shouldn't.

Family, friends, teammates, work. The easy life.

Ignore it. Never speak of it. If anyone asks you what you thought of the article say you've never heard of it.

If you are asked why, just say you don't read the papers. It dies there.

That's the way it has always been done. Social media connection is unbroken ground and guys like Lou are taking a big chance by playing with fire.

Amazing how Luongo, a Vancouver Canuck's goalie, can receive so many labels from the media, other teams, fans of those teams and even fans of his own team.

Diva? Really?

From Urban Dictionary:

1. diva

2936 up, 1467 down

female version of a hustler.

a true diva will do anything to get what she wants.

2. diva

a bitchy woman that must have her way exactly, or no way at all. often rude and belittles people, believes that everyone is beneath her and thinks that she is so much more loved than what she really is. selfish, spoiled, and overly dramatic

3. Diva

A fierce, often temperamental singer who comes correct. She is not a trick ass hoe, and she does not sweat da haters.

4. diva

A diva is a female performer, usually an opera singer, who is extremely talented but very imperious and tempermental. But the distinguishing factor is that her talent permits somewhat uncouth behaviour. A diva is not necessarily difficult to work with, she is just very professional and and has a low tolerance for incompetence. A diva is NOT just some no-talent pop singer who thinks everyone should acquiesce to her every whim, or even worse, some woman who is unecessarily rude, mean, bitchy, and often stupid just because she "knows what she wants" and revels in being high maitenance. These woman do not deserve the title of diva, because they have no redeeming talent or quality. They are simply loud and oboxious bitches. True divas should be treated with respect for their enormous talent and strong will

5. diva

adj. pronounced (DEE-VAH)- 1.to describe a person who exudes great style and personality with confidence and expresses their own style and not letting others influence who they are or want to be. 2. A person whose character makes them stands out from the rest. 3. Noun; a person's title in a group of friends or in society that is popular or famous and who many people try to copy. 4. A person who tries to achieve what they want and who do not let people get in their way, and doing so with style and class.

Okay, maybe number 5 - and that's in a good way.

People have to stop posting a new thread every time articles like this come out. I know the intention is to point of the idiocy of the writers but posting here for others to read is free advertising for articles which don't serve any purpose but to increase clicks for their website/"newspaper".

Basically it's professional trolling. The writer gets paid to stir up the reader. Please stop feeding these trolls.

People have to stop posting a new thread every time articles like this come out. I know the intention is to point of the idiocy of the writers but posting here for others to read is free advertising for articles which don't serve any purpose but to increase clicks for their website/"newspaper".

Basically it's professional trolling. The writer gets paid to stir up the reader. Please stop feeding these trolls.

Archived