The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

‘Disappearing Palestine’ bus ads in Vancouver accused of inciting hatred

key2thecup

Yay or Nay  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Doesn't matter if they have a churhces name on them. The message is not religious. It wouldn't be a "hate ad" to have god on it, it would just be illegal.

No one disputes that religious groups are annoying. If they are posting religious flags at city hall, those should be removed.

What confuses me is that many of the british soldiers who volunteered to serve in Palestine had been iin the forces that liberated some of the jews from the concentration camps and were very sympathetic to the isrealis plight. After copping nearly 2000 years of sh!t I suppose the Jews were sick of it and decided they only way to get even was to treat others the way they had been treated

What confuses me is that many of the british soldiers who volunteered to serve in Palestine had been iin the forces that liberated some of the jews from the concentration camps and were very sympathetic to the isrealis plight. After copping nearly 2000 years of sh!t I suppose the Jews were sick of it and decided they only way to get even was to treat others the way they had been treated

No that's not what happened at all.

The British had initially promised all of the Mandate of Palestine to the Jews (this included all of what is now modern day Israel, Jordan, and the West Bank and Gaza Strip). They then promissed what is now Jordan to the Hashemites (who were from the Arabian peninsula) to avoid a civil war between the Saudis and Hashemites.

They then began to drag their feet on the Jewish state. Meanwhile muslims began to execute and strip Jews of rights all across the former Ottoman Empire. The British, who had control of many of those areas did nothing. The Jews formed paramilitary organizations.

Eventually the British began to arrest the paramilitary organizations. The Irgun, a particularly nasty one, decided to attack the Birtish army headquarters, which was the King David Hotel. They sent several mornings the day of the attack, which were ignored. The attack happened after no evacuation. Those killed include 28 Britains and 17 Jews.

The Irgun were labelled a terrorist organization by the Jewish Agency (the biggest Zionist agency prior to the establishment of Israel). The Irgun were dismantled as soon as Israel became a state.

No that's not what happened at all.

The British had initially promised all of the Mandate of Palestine to the Jews (this included all of what is now modern day Israel, Jordan, and the West Bank and Gaza Strip). They then promissed what is now Jordan to the Hashemites (who were from the Arabian peninsula) to avoid a civil war between the Saudis and Hashemites.

They then began to drag their feet on the Jewish state. Meanwhile muslims began to execute and strip Jews of rights all across the former Ottoman Empire. The British, who had control of many of those areas did nothing. The Jews formed paramilitary organizations.

Eventually the British began to arrest the paramilitary organizations. The Irgun, a particularly nasty one, decided to attack the Birtish army headquarters, which was the King David Hotel. They sent several mornings the day of the attack, which were ignored. The attack happened after no evacuation. Those killed include 28 Britains and 17 Jews.

The Irgun were labelled a terrorist organization by the Jewish Agency (the biggest Zionist agency prior to the establishment of Israel). The Irgun were dismantled as soon as Israel became a state.

Doesn't matter if they have a churhces name on them. The message is not religious. It wouldn't be a "hate ad" to have god on it, it would just be illegal.

No one disputes that religious groups are annoying. If they are posting religious flags at city hall, those should be removed.

Abortion, in particular, is a grey zone. However, there are biological, moral, and religious arguments as to what stages of pregnancy an abortion should be allowed. This poster states a biological fact, which is why it was allowed. It makes not mention of religious issues.

Abortion, in particular, is a grey zone. However, there are biological, moral, and religious arguments as to what stages of pregnancy an abortion should be allowed. This poster states a biological fact, which is why it was allowed. It makes not mention of religious issues.

No...no there are not. There is the mother and the doctor. end of story, not your womb not yours or any other persons place to speak of it, Abortion is not a grey area, daring to force the choice on women is not a grey area it is a control area.

We need to let that argument drop and fast lest we allow religious zealots to drag civil rights back 50 years and more

Israelis are also being persecuted by Palestinians. It's a military conflict. An the fact you equate it to the holocaust is discusting. If the middle east conflict was anything like the holocaust, there would be no conflict, as there would be no Palestinians.

Palestinians are the fastest growing population in the world. During the holocaust, the Jews were the fastest shrinking.

If anything, it sounds like we need a public education program on what is actually going on in the middle east. A lot of misinformation if you think it's anything like the holocaust.

I think that is a very good point. Since they don't mention that most of the major border alterations came as a result of Israel fighting multiple devensive wars against multiple nations who sought to completely destroy Israel, its pretty blatant the whole story is not being told.

Israelis are also being persecuted by Palestinians. It's a military conflict. An the fact you equate it to the holocaust is discusting. If the middle east conflict was anything like the holocaust, there would be no conflict, as there would be no Palestinians.

Palestinians are the fastest growing population in the world. During the holocaust, the Jews were the fastest shrinking.

If anything, it sounds like we need a public education program on what is actually going on in the middle east. A lot of misinformation if you think it's anything like the holocaust.

You obviously don't know the law on abortion either. Abortion is, generally, only legal up to the second trimester, unless there are extreme circumstances that would medically necessitate it. So, it's not your womb at that point.

Also, I wasn't arguing that the law of abortion was a "grey area". I was arguing whether the ads were religious or not was a grey area.

You obviously don't know the law on abortion either. Abortion is, generally, only legal up to the second trimester, unless there are extreme circumstances that would medically necessitate it. So, it's not your womb at that point.

Also, I wasn't arguing that the law of abortion was a "grey area". I was arguing whether the ads were religious or not was a grey area.

I am very acquainted with the law on abortion as my wife and my first daughter was almost terminated at month 6 due to severe and life threatening complications we were very VERY clear on what was and was not illegal. That is mandatory due to civil liberties and groups

The ads are not a grey area, one is religious and was "permissible" the other said god doesn't exist so enjoy life and was removed. The ads in Vancouver are not grey either, one jewish group is saying how they feel another more well established and well funded and placed jewish group calls it hate.

That's black and white not grey

Archived