The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pedo gets whats coming

Blue90

No sympathy for the deceased here. He was raping a child and the father caught him and beat him senseless for it, and rightfully so. He obviously didn't intend to murder the rapist but it's the rapist's fault he got killed because he caused the whole situation to go down. The father was even human enough to call 9-1-1 and attempt to save the man's life which is far more than what I would do. To be honest, i'm glad the rapist is dead. People who abuse children and rape do not deserve to live within our society. Sure they can be jailed and given rehabilitation but the person they sexually assault will have been scarred for life and there is no reversing that. People who rape children are a cancer on society. I'm glad tax dollars don't have to go towards having him fed and sheltered in prison, he is dead like he should be.

As a victim of sexual abuse the father saved his daughter from many many more years of hurt. The worse part about my experience was knowing the bastard was alive and when he was released, because in Canada our justice system is a joke, I would get anxious and not want to go out, even though I'm 30 now it still happens, still causes anxiety attacks. The girl will need years of counselling and good strong family support, but she will never have to look behind her wondering if that sick bastard is there, he's dead and they and her can focus on healing. I believe "true justice" was served.

When you're a parent and your child screams in terror or pain, you kick into gear. You react, you don't rationalize. Your first instinct is to stop whatever is hurting them and protect them. He didn't "kill" him as in take a weapon....he beat the crap out of him and likely never intended for him to die.

That child will be traumatized for the rest of her life...her Dad didn't do that.

Nah I doubt it's just you. I genuinely find it hard to control my tone when having a slightly different opinion resulted in me getting attacked the way I did. It's hard to take it lightly when someone accuses you for being defensive of a pedophile. No offence taken bubbaa

Laws aren't often tough on sex offenders yet many of the victims suffer sometimes permanant and often tragic mental issues, especially when the victims are children.

Life is not black and white but a shade of gray and sticking to the same rules is an easy and lazy route for those who do not wish to consider the variable factors and weigh the balance of the outcome.

I approve of this. The pervert willingly chose to do what he did with no care for the damages to the girls life as well as to those around her, it cost him his life to a father simply being a father and protecting his child. The victim is the girl and the last thing she needs is her life to be ripped apart by a rape and then lose her father obviously cared for her given his emotional fulled protective murder.

And given my own work and encounters with sexually abused kids with him dead it clears some big mental hurdles that she would deal with the rest of her life. The outcome worked out for her best interest. No sympathy for the heartless pedo who willingly did what he did.

I've had some long, deep conversations with my friend about the mob mentality than even normally reasonable people enter whenever the word 'pedophile' is brought up.

Without a doubt, it is disgusting and wrong but no matter what they did they do not deserve to die. To those that counter that putting them in jail instead does not serve justice, I agree. Putting the offender in jail does not properly punish the offender nor does it make the victim feel safe as the offender will most likely be released eventually.

This is a complicated, devisive issue with no clear black and white answer.

Food for thought - if this girl commits a sexual assault on a young person years from now, should she be beaten to death?

Edit: not to bring guilt to the father in this issue.. I believe his actions to be appropriate given the situation. I've been trained in threat assessment and given the information the man is of no threat to anyone else other than very specific circumstances.

Food for thought - if this girl commits a sexual assault on a young person years from now, should she be beaten to death?

Edit: not to bring guilt to the father in this issue.. I believe his actions to be appropriate given the situation. I've been trained in threat assessment and given the information the man is of no threat to anyone else despite the specific circumstances.

Well, going by In the Slot's logic, the answer should be a resounding yes.

IMO, the girl would not deserve to be beaten to death. It would however be understandable if the circumstances were similar to her past experience (i.e. the parent is right there).

Archived