• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dral

[GAME] Two signings and introduce your 2015-16 Canuck Cup winning team

15 posts in this topic

Wasn't sure where to post this, but a few months ago I got really excited for the future of the Canucks, so here we go!

The Scenario:

The Salary cap has gone up to 70 mill

The Sedins re-up for 5mill

Hansen reups for 2.5

Tanev reups for 2

All our other RFAs reup for 1.1 (+bonuses)

Fill in the Canucks roster with the rest of our prospect pool with the addition of 2 extra signings (either UFA or RFA offer-sheeted: but be careful and don't give away 1st round picks we don't have) to form the team that wins the Stanley Cup in 15-16.

Each signing can be for no more then 6.8 million and you can only sign (or offersheet) 1 person each year, that is, the two players you add can not be UFA/RFA the same year.

Also, you must give a reason, rediculous or otherwise, for why they sign with the Canucks (or why the offersheet isn't matched)

============================================

I would offersheet PK Subban for 6.6 mill next year (Habs don't match because PK becomes a cancer for them and the picks are the best return they could get)

then offersheet Yakupov the next year for 6.8 mil (oilers don't match because they can't, having locked up everyone else to contracts, they take the picks and run)

Sedin Kesler Kassian

Yakupov Sedin Burrows

Shinkaruk Horvat Jensen

Higgins Gaunce Hansen

Schroeder

Garrison PK.Subban

Edler Tanev

Hamhuis Bieksa

Corrado J.Subban

Luongo

Lack

You'd have no picks left to offersheet Yak after Subban. Unrealistic as well...

I would offersheet PK Subban for 6.6 mill next year (Habs don't match because PK becomes a cancer for them and the picks are the best return they could get)

You'd have no picks left to offersheet Yak after Subban. Unrealistic as well...

Some notable UFAs next off-season that we could easily snag if MG is willing to throw money around:

Gaborik

Heatley

Vanek

Thornton

Marleau

Dan Boye

Paul Stastny

Dion Phaneuf

Cammalleri

Iginla

Phil Kessel

Pominville

Hemsky

Callahan

Bolland

Steen

Setoguchi

Matt Moulson

Kulemin

I know the cap roof is going up quite a bit but the Sharks will struggle to sign all their stars. If Gaborik has a rough season in Columbus, he may consider moving. Likewise with Pominville, Bolland and Steen. Similarly with Toronto, they've got a lot of high-end players unsigned through that season who we could snag.

You don't win the cup with your last 4 first round draft pick playing in the bottom 6 LOL.

I'm sure your really good at EASports NHL 2014.

It's called depth, but I agree Burrows and Kassian could be more well suited for the bottom six. Burrows is great defensively and Kassian is physical

Based on DownUndaCanuck's post, here's what I'd do with the available UFA's at that time (so there's no salary cap? Also don't ask what happened to Booth or Schroeder either)

(If Vanek's gone I'd sign Pominville and put him with Burr and Kes; Kass goes with the Twins in that case)

Daniel - Henrik - Burrows ($$$ line)

Vanek - Kesler - Kassian (big 2nd line, both wingers can pass to Kes and they'll be a nightmare in the crease)

Higgins - Gaunce - Hansen

Richardson - Lain - Weise

Tostitos, Santorelli

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Garrison - Boyle (legit PP QB; with him we can move Edler too, don't ask for what though :P)

Alberts - Tanev

Sedins- Kassian

Burrows - Kesler - KESSEL

Higgins - Horvat - Gaunce

Weise - Richardson - Hansen

Hamhuis - Garrison

PHANEUF - Bieska

Edler - Tanev/Corrado

Eriksson

Lack

Take Torontos players!

sedin sedin iginla (oldies but the goodies)

kessel kesler kassian ( the kkk line)

hansen bolland higgins

You don't win the cup with your last 4 first round draft pick playing in the bottom 6 LOL.

I'm sure your really good at EASports NHL 2014.

Sign Gaborik and Callahan if the cap increases like it probably will.

Sedin-Sedin-Callahan

Gaborik-Kesler-Kassian

Burrows-Horvat-Hansen

Gaunce-Richardson-Higgins

Schroeder