The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Tom Sestito Appreciation Thread

CanucksFanMike

Look, Sestito has little to no skill, brutal footspeed, and is at times worse than useless in the offensive zone. But, I thought I would make a thread to appreciate what he does bring to the table.

In today's NHL, every team needs a goon. Sestito is ours. He is an above average fighter, he throws big, clean hits, and he makes the most of his minutes. I think Sestito plays his role very well. Remember, we picked him up for free off the waiver wire and he only takes up $750 K of cap space.

Lets, for once, appreciate what he does bring to the table instead of looking to bash him at every turn.

Look, Sestito has little to no skill, brutal footspeed, and is at times worse than useless in the offensive zone. But, I thought I would make a thread to appreciate what he does bring to the table.

In today's NHL, every team needs a goon. Sestito is ours. He is an above average fighter, he throws big, clean hits, and he makes the most of his minutes. I think Sestito plays his role very well. Remember, we picked him up for free off the waiver wire and he only takes up $750 K of cap space.

Lets, for once, appreciate what he does bring to the table instead of looking to bash him at every turn.

lol he saw my comment about Sestito in another thread (where I was bashing him for the right reasons) so he goes and makes an appreciation thread...Lets appreciate this his 1 point in 23 games last season was a steal! Every team definitely needs their own Tom Sestito I mean who wouldn't want his ability to fight, hit and score.

Not.

lol he saw my comment about Sestito in another thread (where I was bashing him for the right reasons) so he goes and makes an appreciation thread...Lets appreciate this his 1 point in 23 games last season was a steal! Every team definitely needs their own Tom Sestito I mean who wouldn't want his ability to fight, hit and score.

Not.

Not.

I'm with the OP on this one. i think we do need that intimidating presence that might actually deter the opposition from ragdolling us whenever they please. I also think every team needs one of these guys and I'm fine with giving one of the 13 forward positions to a guy like Sestito. As long as you don't expect lots of point production from him you can start to see what other things he brings to the table.

I don't think he has no skill, or that his speed is brutal, he gets around the ice fine, and is able to get in on the forecheck.

As long as he can get in on the forecheck, throw his weight around, be solid defensively, and fight when its needed, maybe even be a bit of a presence in front of the net. We should be happy with him, and thats what the goal should be with him IMO.

I don't think he has no skill, or that his speed is brutal, he gets around the ice fine, and is able to get in on the forecheck.

As long as he can get in on the forecheck, throw his weight around, be solid defensively, and fight when its needed, maybe even be a bit of a presence in front of the net. We should be happy with him, and thats what the goal should be with him IMO.

Archived