The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Tom Sestito Appreciation Thread

CanucksFanMike

Tom Sestito - 6'5 228+

Aaron Volpatti - 6'0 215

Volpatti against a legit heavy:

Sestito against a legit heavy:

Tostito is obviously not the best fighter and has balance issues....but he is able to take on the heavies and survive or even fair well.

Lets also not forget he scored 42 goals in his final year with Plymouth and was very good in the Memorial Cup. Yes he did this as a 19/20 year old....but the ability is there.

He also put up over .5PPG in his time in the AHL.

I really think he has the ability to be a 15-25 point guy.

People rag on this guy pretty harshly but so did many people when Andrew Alberts first joined the club- and look how well he has improved.

I think Sesisto wants to play a much bigger role and contribute more than just a few scraps contrary to what people think.

Im looking forward to seeing a motivated and improved Sesito come training camp.

Guy plays his role, what more do you expect? People think he should get 20 goals or something...he's a 4th line enforcer who acts as a spark plug...a big hit, goal here or there, fight is his role and he does it well.

And although I would prefer Volpatti or Sestito, it is what it is so get behind the guy and cheer him on. He's a tough 4th liner with a massive frame so appreciate it.

Guy plays his role, what more do you expect? People think he should get 20 goals or something...he's a 4th line enforcer who acts as a spark plug...a big hit, goal here or there, fight is his role and he does it well.

And although I would prefer Volpatti or Sestito, it is what it is so get behind the guy and cheer him on. He's a tough 4th liner with a massive frame so appreciate it.

I don't think he has no skill, or that his speed is brutal, he gets around the ice fine, and is able to get in on the forecheck.

As long as he can get in on the forecheck, throw his weight around, be solid defensively, and fight when its needed, maybe even be a bit of a presence in front of the net. We should be happy with him, and thats what the goal should be with him IMO.

Sestito has far better skills than people are giving him credit for. For a fighter he reads the game and sees the ice incredibly well. A far better player than other fighters from the past like Hordichuk or Rypien. Like most bigger guys his biggest challenge is getting his body to do what his mind wants to with speed.

Archived